Please look at my diary for today

Options
I normally log my food on WW's site, but wanted to see how my day measured up on MFP....would you please check out my diary today and tell me what you think? Today has been a struggle, I'm absolutely starving and just want to eat everything I see, it's not cravings and it's not emotional eating, I am physically extremely hungry, and yet I ate 1500 calories today so I don't understand why. I'd love any insight and assistance, thank you!

Replies

• tallbold
    tallbold Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hey u! When I look at your diary for today, I see that you eat more carbs than protein. For me I do the opposite...I still eat alot of carbs but protein keeps me more full. I like to eat greek yogurt and almonds, I find they keep me full. Take a look at my diary if you like.

Hope that helps.
  • Allegi32
    Allegi32 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I agree - I actually try to eat a lot of protein, but I am finding it hard to find good sources of protein that are lean and quick....you know, that I can bring to work. I feel like no matter what I eat, it's not enough protein, unless I chow down on a chicken breast every few hours, LOL.
  • tallbold
    Options
    The liberte or oikos or chobani greek yogurt is packed with 12 grams. I also like protein shakes every once in a while. Maybe drinking milk at night, the liquid will fill you as well it has a good amount of protein. I like lean lunch meats that are low in fat/sodium too.
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Looks pretty good! I would eat more protein earlier in the day. Add some of the cottage cheese you ate as a snack to your breakfast. It will keep you satisfied longer. You could probably add a few more vegetables, but it looks like you're definitely on the right track.
  • emiliewright
    emiliewright Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    One thing to look at is how much of that came out of a package or a box. That will also keep your mind on track. Try to eat as much as possible that is packaged with a peel :)
  • Allegi32
    Allegi32 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    The liberte or oikos or chobani greek yogurt is packed with 12 grams. I also like protein shakes every once in a while. Maybe drinking milk at night, the liquid will fill you as well it has a good amount of protein. I like lean lunch meats that are low in fat/sodium too.

Ooh, I like the protein shake idea, that's quick and easy. And does the greek yogurt have more protein than regular yogurt? Thanks so much for your help!

I can't see your diary, not sure why not, but I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, haha!
  • meredithd13
    Options
    not enough complex carbs (whole grains) or protein. quick protein fixes: salmon (grilled, smoked, whatever!), nuts, natural yoghurt, avocado, baked beans, eggs, cheese, hummus, tofu, tuna (those little tins are quick and easy), cottage cheese etc. here's a good list: http://www.howmuchprotein.com/foods/

your diet looks a bit 'thin' to me. i wouldn't be full from that either. make sure you're not eating too much processed food. cook yourself as much as you can. grilled tuna/salmon/steak/tofu and salad (with some avo or cheese) takes around 10 mins to prepare and it's full of good things.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    More carbs tend to may me "crave" and have hunger pangs. I agree with most others, add more protein earlier in the day, less carbs. I'm curious, how was your ww points for this day?
  • rudzud
    rudzud Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm the exact opposite right now. I've eaten 768 calories all day and I'm very full. I reccomend more fresh veg instead of premade meals. Also, things that have more fiber in it resulting in fewer net carbs.
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I pretty much agree with everyone. Too many carbs, not enough protien. I did discover Zone protien bars, and Luna bars. Can get both at Target...very tasty...lots of protien. I usually have one for breakfast. I eat them in small, tiny bites..then they last a long time. Also, I think oatmeal would stick with you longer than cream of wheat. Just a thought.
    Good luck!!!
  • ginabgdc
    Options
    Need more protein I think. I sent fried request so can see my diary. I like to get ideas from other ppls diary.
  • bugtrain
    bugtrain Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I agree with tallbold......you really need to get some protein.I'm not trying to sell you a low-carb. diet,but that is what I am doing and the protein I get each day makes it difficult for me to actually get all my calories.Try snacking on some boiled eggs,stir a bit of peanut butter into some oatmeal or a smoothie....even put a serving on an apple.Have some fat free milk,add some protein to a green salad(eggs,chicken,tuna,taco seasoned beef or turkey),the greek yogurt is a great suggestion too! Hope I helped!
  • Colleen268
    Colleen268 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Definately need more protein. One of my favorite source is 3 egg whites with 2% cheese, you can make an omelet, or even put it on a light rye bread. Peanut butter is another great protein. I tend to eat protein in the morning and it holds over my appetite. The carbs are a temporary feeling of being full, but then the appetite comes back with a vengeance. After a few weeks, you will crave less carbs, its happened to me and I am a carb addict.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt does have much more protein than regular. Try to stick with the plain and add frozen berries and pineapple for sweetness. I've been told you can even add kale for added folic acid and you can't even taste it in there. Good luck!!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, more protein, less carbs. MFP already sets your protein pretty low, so in my opinion you should try to eat at least that amount. I would up your fiber too, protein and fiber keeps you full. Calorie wise looks pretty good. Definately add more veggies.
  • darcy1982
    darcy1982 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I think it looks okay..I'm no expert but some of your calories are coming from your coffee and mixins. I try to drink water or tea with a stevia packet in the a.m and maybe a peice of fruit and some greek yogurt. YUM! i love Oikos fruit on the bottom!!!

I'm still very new at this whole calorie counting but I think I have done pretty well for the last two weeks... also try to limit the frozen or instant foods..they pack a load of sodium in those things... I try to make a bunch of brown rice and frozen veggies and graze off of them from time to time when I feel hungry..!

I dont know if anything made sense but keep up the good work!
  • tallbold
    Options
    Greek Yogurt as more protein than regular, alot more. I didn't realize my diary wasn't open, it is now. Sorry about that.

[/quote]

Ooh, I like the protein shake idea, that's quick and easy. And does the greek yogurt have more protein than regular yogurt? Thanks so much for your help!

I can't see your diary, not sure why not, but I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, haha!
    [/quote]
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    There is a complete lack (non-existent) true protein intake. Protein will keep you satisfied for longer periods of time. Putting a lil bit of everything in each meal would help you carve the hunger better.

Carbs are sugars and though they give you energy and are needed, they also are used very rapidly by your body.

Balance is the key to fix what your are feeling.
  • hildaghanayem
    Options
    Hi
    I am not sure why this happen for you but for me it is usually happen around the time of the month. It is not so bad to eat this much one day as long as you don't do it every day. Sometimes our body ask for nutrition so it is good that you lesson to your body and gave it what it asked so don't be hard on yourself. Also sometimes it happen because of change of the weather, so when it is cold and rainny we think of nothing but food. I hope this helps you a little
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    It looks GREAT!
    You shall do well with days like this.

And going over a bit still means you're in a deficit, so again, well done!