New and want friends/support

Options
Hi Im Kerri, I am looking for friends to help me through loosing weight.

I have tried to loose weight in the past but what people call the hard way is just too hard. Partly I love to eat and partly it just hurts too much to exercise, and I would not be caught dead in a gym anyway.

I watch a lot of Dr. Oz and The Drs, so I am trying to make lifestyle changes like parking in the back of the parking lot to walk in and not taking the escalator as much. I still like fast food but am starting to make changes there too by eating snack wraps and diet soda.

I am looking for motivation to keep on the positive track and I will try and support you back by looking at your food entries.

Thank you to all my new friends.

Replies

• dnewton123
    Options
    Well I'm new as well and I've watched all of those same shows. I decided to make a lifesyle change and not a diet change. Start slow because for me just drinking water was an obstacle. I started walking for 30 minutes everyday now I'm up to 45 minutes, my goal is and hour jogging every night. Consider something really small and think of it as time to yourself. I read your post and we are similar with regards to food and exercise. I need new friends and lots of support too so if you support me I'll support you.:smile:
  • kimi86c
    Options
    Hi, I am also triying to shift the weight and start feeling like my old self. I have around 28 pounds to lose, and need some encouragement, with the help of those also trying to lose weight. Hopefully I can also help others through the challenge.
  • karismalynn
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new to the site but definitely not new to dieting! It's hard work and I always give up! And like you guys I LOVE food!! I've been on this site for one day and already there's soooo much support out there! I'm also up for giving/receiving support :) good luck
  • nahralynn
    nahralynn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the site as well (joined 2 days ago) so feel free to friend me! I have 100+ to lose so a long journey ahead of me but I am trying to make this a lifestyle change as well.
  • leika79
    leika79 Posts: 114
    Options
    hi there, just found this site and could do with a bit of support, thought my diet was quite low calorie until i just filled in the food diary......now that would be why i've gained weight over the last few months! am hoping to loose 3 stone x
  • MzzAisha
    MzzAisha Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Im pretty new as well and looking for friends too!! Add me!!
  • jelicaa
    jelicaa Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've been using the app since November/December (thanks to MzzAisha)...need friends for motivation and support! Add me :)
  • Readencelove2015
    Options
    Hi im new as well on here and i have tried in the past to lose weight but have struggled very hard and have been mantaing the weight i am now for two years and im tired of it. i could also use some support through this.
  • caveitch321
    caveitch321 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've used MFP for about a year . . . it has totally helped . . . I've lost over 40 pounds so far! Use the site every day and log your calories . . . I often do it the night before so I know what I can and can't have!
  • rednek81
    rednek81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Art, I was having a hard time also. I would love to take you on as a friend and we can encourage each other to keep going no matter how hard it gets.
  • imarn1ab
    Options
    Hello all! Feel free to add me :wink:
  • noelandy
    noelandy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have only been at this for a week. I feel better already, but I would like to add people to my friends for support. I guess I dont see where it is that you do that though. Can someone tell me how to do that?? :flowerforyou:
  • leaso75581
    Options
    kerri, i totally get what you're saying. feel free to include me as a friend if you want a kindred spirit :)
  • kasicrawford
    Options
    My sister is named Kerri also, but she spells it Keri. Sending friend request now!:smile::smile:
  • KickinBooty
    Options
    Been there, done that, and now I have to change my t-shirt so I can wear a smaller one.
  • psalmstris
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I am new here as well, and I have about 200 pounds to lose. I am determined to do it this time after many failed attempts. If you want to be friends that is awesome. If you believe in God and prayer I will be willing to pray for you, just let me know. I have been doing really well for the past two days, so I praise God and I will keep keeping on.:smile:
  • diana79
    diana79 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I joined a while back buI just recently started to encorporate friends. I've realized that people's words of encouragement tend to go a long way. So far I've lost a couple of pounds and have a bit more to go!

I always welcome new friends so that we may encourage each other :)
  • psalmstris
    Options
    Hi,
    I understand how you feel. But you will make it! It is probably going to be hard, but still you will make it. Just keep trying. You can't fail if you try only if you quit.

God bless you,

Glenda
  • crewsicka
    crewsicka Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    What upppppp?!
  • ladyew55
    Options
    Hello, my name is Doris. I am new here also. I have about 100 lbs. to lose and I too am determined to do it this time. I would love to not only have someone to partner with on this journey but I would welcome a prayer partner.