Nike Fuelband... whats this.. a new toy..?

Options
http://www.nike.com/fuelband/

Looks pretty B-A! Im a noob when it comes to heart rate monitors. Dont have one yet but depending on the price and reviews, Might just look into this.. what do you guys think?

Replies

• ct2020
    ct2020 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a HRM at all. Nor could it accurately do calories burned. Just movement. Still seems cool though.
  • jlprovost
    jlprovost Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am very interested in it... I will wait to see the reviews on it, but I might just have to splurge if it seems worth it.
  • taco_tap
    taco_tap Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You're right. Upon a little bit more research, it doesn't say anything about being a heart rate monitor. However, it does say that it keeps track of calories...

I have more questions than answers now..
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Price will be $149 according to what I read yesterday...seems cool.
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Is it their version of a Bodybugg?

Actually, the statement that it calculates the same for everyone concerns me. I have a bodybugg and it is between 93-97% accurate on the calorie burn as it is programed based on your age, sex, height, weight, measurements, etc. It then measures you movement, body temp, etc to determine your calorie burn today.

It looks like Nike is trying to create something that competes with that -- but honestly, i would go with something tried and true vs a slick movement measure bracelet.
  • taco_tap
    taco_tap Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Is it their version of a Bodybugg?

I don't know... like I said.. total noob. I think you wear it all day, and it tracks your movement. Does the body bug have a hrm? This one doesn't seem too. It also doesn't have a lot of info (that I can find) about how it works but they are willing to allow you to pre- order it for $149.. It's Nike so I guess they assume you can trust them..?
  • ct2020
    ct2020 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It uses accelometers like those found in the average smart phone nowadays that measures movement. That seems to be the only sensors in them (other than a light sensor??). So, the ONLY thing it'll measure is movement. It looks super sharp, but I don't think it's gonna track things accurately enough for me.
  • jcoil7080
    Options
    I ordered the FitBit Ultra today & I'm excited to start that regimen! It's on this website & it works directly with MFP!! I'll let y'all know...
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I think it looks super cool. The fitbit looks awesome as well. I like the price point better on the fitbit. Will have to see as currently I don't have $149 to spend on another cool toy.