Itching during exercise

Options
I just began exercising again this week and each time it's been excruciating. No, I'm not panting and out of breath...I haven't even broken any sweat! What's excruciating is the unbearable itch that fires up all over my legs and eventually up my torso. I've had this problem before, usually after an extended period of little to no exercise.

After have absolutely no time to exercise within the past few months I knew this was coming. But it doesn't even have to take up to a few months for the itch to come back...even five days without exercise would do. When I do get back on track again it could take up to a week to a month for the itching to go away--and this means working out every single day. Grrrrrr...I just hate my bod:sad: . Does anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• Xandralexa
    Options
    Yeah, you're not alone. I had this problem before, when I first started working out. And I know it was mostly because I was sweating (a lot) and stretching parts of my body that I never used to before. Try stretching a bit longer before and after a workout and see? or continue to keep active so your body grows accustomed to it.

Also what kind of workout are you doing?
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    what you have described is EXACTLY what happens to people when they havent worked out in a while.

it should go away after a few workouts..
  • got_BluEgo
    got_BluEgo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    same thing happened to me when i first started working out again, it's so UNBEARABLE. I just took a non drowsy anti histamine 30 mins before my workouts which stopped the itching.
  • Uhmanduh
    Uhmanduh Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem!!! I've only been walking on the treadmill so i'm not sweating like crazy but when it starts to feel unbearable i pause it and stretch for 5 mins then i get back on... I'm having to do that less and less though now!
  • Xandralexa
    Options
    what you have described is EXACTLY what happens to people when they havent worked out in a while.

it should go away after a few workouts..

Yup. I thought my itching would never go away, but it eventually did. Bodies are weird lol
  • Ballay
    Ballay Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks for all your help! Ok so it's not just me then
    @Xandralexa
    This only happens when I do cardio like workouts..ie running, walking, jogging, jump roping etc
    @got_BluEgo
    I got some atihistamine yay:D Hopefully that helps till I work myself back into shape