I got Hit on at the gym... AFTER my work out!

Options
13»

Replies

• DarrellHodge
    Options
    Well, did he get the number?
  • NettyB62
    Options
    Very good for the ego!
    And so....????? Did you 2 talk for awhile?
    We want the scoop!
  • ShunkyDave
    ShunkyDave Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You said you thought you looked like crap? From your description, you sound like the picture of beauty! You're working on yourself, you're not worried about how you look, and you have a pony tail. :)

Truth be told, you had me at pony tail.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Last night I was at the gym and totally got hit on AFTER my work out by a very attractive guy! Now, I still have quite a ways to go from hitting my goal, plus I'm not one of those girls that gets super primped for the gym either... I come in sweats, no make up, and my hair in a ponytail... I also sweat like a man, Even after all that, when I was huffing and puffing after having just spend an hour on the Elliptical and dripping sweat I still got hit on! I'm sure that he was just one of those uber charming guys that just go around and flirt with all the girls... But it sure made me feel pretty good to still be hit on even though I felt like I looked like crap :)

Doesn't surprise me at all. It's been my experience that many guys are impressed by a woman who isn't afraid to break a sweat because that's an indicator that they are in the gym for the health and fitness benefits, not because they are there to find a man. In fact, I've been flirted with at the gym more than any other place....and I'm of the same mindset as you, I don't see the point of putting on makeup and trying to look cute when I know I'm gonna sweat it all off anyway (and, trust me, I DO sweat...ALOT). I've also found that it gets a guy's attention when you can lift more weight than the average woman. I'm not talking about a "bodybuilder" type of woman who looks and sounds more like a dude. I just think alot of guys don't like a high maintenance, needy, can't do anything for herself kind of girl. They prefer someone who is strong enough to do most things for herself, who can keep up with him so they can enjoy more activities together, and who is genuinely health conscious.
  • kimberlilynn
    kimberlilynn Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I would count this a success, too!

Occasionally, I'll leave some place, and turn to my Dear Hubby, and remark that I think "that guy was hitting on me"... and he will say "of course! why wouldn't he?" it's always a surprise to me when it happens!
  • mdollian
    mdollian Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    GIRRRRRLLLLL get your MACK on lmbo !!
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Blame it on the pheromones :)
  • SLRamirez2012
    Options
    That would totally make me want to go to the gym more!!! Except my DF is always with me (we are gym partners) so no one is ever going to hit on me.... probably wouldn't be very smart... lol
  • tiggertail
    tiggertail Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yay, good on you!

Never been hit on at the gym but certainly would be an ego boost if it ever happened!
  • BrittanyH8588
    BrittanyH8588 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Awe yay that is awesome what a nice work out reward :)
  • chondrat
    chondrat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Nice, and don't under estimate yourself.....he may be one of those guys but some men find women sexy after working out so enjoy your compliment and stay on your grind....trust me it gets better. =)
  • mrsweigl
    mrsweigl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Sweeeeeeeet! Now tell us what happened afterwards ;-p
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    You silly women and your rulebooks. None of you have the same one.

Half of you say "don't hit on me at the gym you creep"

The other half say "yayyy I got hit on!!"

It's a minefield out there! :D

I hear ya, but general rule of thumb... if ya find him attractive, it's flattering. if not, it's creepy and annoying. Life is not fair.
  • shadshad
    Options
    Go sexy go
  • olinka1981
    Options
    yeah, I agree there are charming guys that just go around and flirt with all the girls...
    but i can tell they don't go and flirt with girls in sweats, no make up, and a ponytail hair who are sweat like a man...
    there must be more...
    i am sure, you're gorgeous :-)
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    You silly women and your rulebooks. None of you have the same one.

Half of you say "don't hit on me at the gym you creep"

The other half say "yayyy I got hit on!!"

It's a minefield out there! :D

Well we are all individuals :wink: I dont judge all men on what 2 or 3 men are like. :tongue:
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support guys! no no phone numbers exchanged yet, but I still was pretty excited about getting hit on :)
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Did you get his number??? :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!