sweet chilli seared chicken wrap-mcdees

Options
hi guys. i love the chat about subway by the way. I know takeaways are generally a big no-no but sometimes there is no way aound it. does anyone know the REAL facts about Mc Donalds foods. i love the sweet chilli seared chicken wrap and i have heard that its one of the healthier options. Can anyone add anything? is there a better choice over the wrap etc???

Replies

• nardz04
    nardz04 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • kiwilaurie
    kiwilaurie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I go for that wrap when I *have* to go to McDonalds. I have heard it is one of the best options too.
  • nardz04
    nardz04 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    me too. I hope im not alone when i say that sometimes you don't want to be 'that guy' ask make the car go somewhere else or meet AFTER lunch. I am all for making healthier choices in the real world.... i still want to enjoy days out but want to know how to make the day still fit in with my goals:happy:
  • Jayneoh
    Jayneoh Posts: 20
    Options
    1wrap

Calories 397 Sodium 752 mg
    Total Fat 11 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 2 g Total Carbs 46 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 0 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 12 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 25 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg
    Vitamin A 0% Calcium 0%
    Vitamin C 0% Iron 0%

Not too bad for fast food! I made a homemade sweet chilli chicken wrap once and after I calculated what was in it, it was well over 500 cals!
  • Jaw_g
    Jaw_g Posts: 46
    Options
    I love going to the Sushi place opposite Ucol on King Street in Palmy... after 3pm during the week it's half price :)
    I love being able to choose the individual pieces and still feel like I'm having lunch/dinner out :)
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I know takeaways are generally a big no-no but sometimes there is no way aound it.

There is always a way around fast food. That NI info that was posted - the 46g of carbohydrates... you can create a homemade meal for less than that and have it be so much more healthier for you....
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I know takeaways are generally a big no-no but sometimes there is no way aound it.

There is always a way around fast food. That NI info that was posted - the 46g of carbohydrates... you can create a homemade meal for less than that and have it be so much more healthier for you....

As a general rule, there's always a way around just about anything but not everyone wants to take it. I don't. I don't eat out nearly as frequently as I used to but I still enjoy it every once in a while. If I'm going to fall over dead from eating from a drive thru once every couple of weeks then I guess I'm on borrowed time because it happens and I feel absolutely no guilt about it.

To address the original poster's point, when I'm driving thru McDonald's I usually have a wrap and a fruit and yogurt parfait. If I go inside and eat I really like the grilled chicken bacon ranch salad. When I started eating healthier I went through the nutrition info for places I tended to eat at and picked out a few options at each one just in case I was out at lunch or dinner time and wanted to eat before I got home. It's worked out pretty well for me.