How much bread do you eat?

Options
I eat about 3 slices a day (wholemeal) one for breakfast and usually 2slices at lunchtime with soup. Is this too much??? All within calorie allowance. Feels strange to be on a diet and be able to eat so much bread, usually people tell you to try cut it out!! Thanks

Replies

• Cdcaldwe
    Cdcaldwe Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I eat bread every day, pasta two to three times a week. For me it has been about calories and learning to eat in moderation. I have done the low/no carb thing in the past dropped fifty pounds and then binged on carbs for the next two months. To loose weight and keep it off is a change of lifestyle and the way you want to live the rest of your life.
  • obaker
    obaker Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    sounds fine if you're still within your calorie limit. i eat bread most days and am still losing weight :)
  • Pamela259
    Pamela259 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i eat 2-4 slices wholemeal im losing weight and im quite shocked i had fish and chip from chippy yesterday and still managed to be under calorie goal it really is everything in moderation. good luck enjoy your bread.:)
  • chic_mama_25
    Options
    Pretty much none. I found out I lose weight way faster and I don't miss it. I eat wraps, pasta or potatoes instead.
  • cip1
    cip1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    On average I'll have one or two home made sandwich a day. I also did wonder if that is too much but I live on the go, spend much of my time at work & don't always have time (& resources) to prepare anything fancier then that. I've cut on the pasta & try to replace it with grains or just eat less of it.

As the previous poster said - the point is not to completely cut things out of your menu, just to loose the weight, but to change your habits to the ones you can stick to for the lifetime/long period of time & I know I'll eat bread in the future. Just not so much of it. I also 'sin' with them biscuits & icecream every now & then but as much as I know it might slow down my progress a bit, I also know I will not throw myself at a tin of biscuits & gulp them down in one go as soon as I hit the target :)
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    I like bread. but for me bread is poison for my weightloss. But since I don't want to do a diet and restrict certain foods, I eat one 100 cal breadsandwich every morning and I think I can keep this up for the rest of my life.
  • Bosbes
    Bosbes Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I eat 4 slices of bread a day (wholemeal or sourdough) at lunch... And I'm loosing steadily.
  • britneyblonde
    britneyblonde Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i eat 2-4 slices wholemeal im losing weight and im quite shocked i had fish and chip from chippy yesterday and still managed to be under calorie goal it really is everything in moderation. good luck enjoy your bread.:)

I had this last weekend for my cheat meal and had still lost come Monday morning - this is the best diet plan ever :smile:
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I only eat whole grain breads except on "free day" - McDonald's still won't go to whole grain....

Usually, I limit this to 3 slices off a standard loaf per day.
  • PaulS70
    PaulS70 Posts: 70
    Options
    I tested negative for Celiac and Crohns but I have a sensitivity to wheat proteins (very angry stomach after eating bread, pasta, etc.). For me one slice of bread was way too much.

Being a huge bread lover I sought out many alternatives... Bread made out of soy protein Gross!! Gluten free bread... Grosser (and didn't solve angry stomach). Using lettuce wraps instead... The worst.

Anyway... I discovered Ezekiel sprouted grain breads in the organic (freezer) section of my grocery store. It tasted great and did not upset my stomach at all.

Here is their propaganda if you are interested... http://www.foodforlife.com/
  • Fit_Forever25
    Fit_Forever25 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I eat 1-2 slices of Brown or wholemeal toast almost everyday in breakfast and on some occasion the count goes up to 3-4 if I have it with my main meals of the day ..
    I think the only thing to keep in mind is to make sure you don't eat too much of Carbs during the day so I am always under my Carbs goals. As they break down into sugars ultimately so you should be always keeping it in limits.

I have also done the NO Carb diet once and lost few Kilos but then when I restarted eating Carbs I started gaining weight so I will say never restrict/remove any food completely from your diet just keep it balanced.
    There is no reason it should hinder the weight loss.
  • skateboardstef
    skateboardstef Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I eat bread 2-3 times a week. Once I get the taste of bread in my mouth I want more, so I generally try to avoid it. It's addictive for me.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I start just about each day with a bagel, and frequently have garlic bread, rolls or cornbread with dinner. A sandwich a couple times a week. Pasta or rice every day.

Everyone's body is different. Find what works for you and keep doing it. If it stops working for you, reevaluate.
  • nadiB
    nadiB Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I eat plenty of bread, love it and have it with most meals. As long as it fits in my calories, it's ok for me :happy:
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I don't eat a lot....maybe 4 slices a week (or an English muffin on the weekend), and I don't eat a pasta often either.

I found out I have a gluten allergy, although I've never suffered any side effects from eating it my entire life. I've found that cutting way back on it has helped my weight loss, too.

Although, sometimes you just have to have a turkey, pepper jack, pickle, jalepeno sandwich :wink:
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I've never tried to count bread. I probably range from none to 6 or so slices on any given day.
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    Options
    I think on average I eat a few slices per day. I do think it's important to eat whole grain bread, if possible. I am in love with the prairie bread from Whole Foods.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I usually eat sandwiches (subs or regular bread) for 1 or 2 meals a day, and always white bread because dietary restrictions won't allow for many other varieties (which is fien with me because I don't like the taste of most other varieties).
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i very rarely eat bread anymore, and it's my one true love! (with butter!~)
    i will sometimes have an Oroweat sandwich thin, but that's about it. (100 cal)
    *sigh* i miss bread :cry:
  • londoneye
    londoneye Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I like to have really nice bread ocassionally (once a week or so), but usually to me it isn't worth the 'price' in my calorie budget. It's all down to personal preference and what you can sustain long term. As long as you're within your calories you'll be fine! Enjoy! :D