• erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    nice going! positive changes!
  • scoobydoojoe
    scoobydoojoe Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You are looking very good.

The best part is, the more muscle you add, the better your metabolism, which will make losing and maintaining easier.

When you want to lose weight, the first thing you should do is gain muscle mass. It not only helps with your metabolism, it helps you do the cardio easier, and it helps keep joints like your back and knees from hurting as much when you do exercises like biking, hiking, etc.

Final note, if you use weight machines or lift free weights, don't rest between sets and keep your heart rate up, and you can do a good cardio and a good strength training workout. I like to do 5 or 6 machines/lifts, 3 sets each, 10 reps per set. I alternate between lower and upper body so my muscles get a chance to rest for a minute, but my heart doesn't, so I keep a steady heart rate like I would on a treadmill or other cardio machine/workout. You can adjust your reps per set to match your strength training needs, but keep that heart rate up up up. Another alternative if you want more muscle recovery time is run in place some other cardio in between machines to keep the heart rate up. Sometimes I jog over to the water fountain and then jog back or something like that.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I want your arms!!! you look amazing and I am very proud of you :happy:
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Nice post, and great success!
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    dude if you were filipina I'd say you were my twin sister - body type and all.
  • DebiBrinkmeyer
    Options
    Your pictures have inspired me. Thanks for sharing. Is it possible to do this at home with minimal expense and with physical limitations. I'm still very heavy and can't get down on the floor and my knees are weak and painful. I work on crunches in my bed and squeeze a ball between my knees and have noticed stronger abdominal muscles doing this everyday. I also do arm exercises with 2lb weights at least 3 times a week. Can you give me any suggestions?
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I so wish that I could get some decent weights in my house, or be able to afford a gym membership. That was my favorite type of workout in the past.
  • FitqueenT
    FitqueenT Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!
    Strengh training is the way to go
  • akaycrowder
    Options
    Love to see results like that! Way to go!
  • FitqueenT
    FitqueenT Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Lifting does not make you bulky or gain muscle. Thats solely down to diet allowing the process to complete. Imagine a house (you) and you want to build an extension (muscle). You have all the work men you like (the training) but without the necessary extra food (bricks) you won't build anything.

I lke that!! Great analogy:happy:
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Lifting does not make you bulky or gain muscle. Thats solely down to diet allowing the process to complete. Imagine a house (you) and you want to build an extension (muscle). You have all the work men you like (the training) but without the necessary extra food (bricks) you won't build anything.

I agree & this applies to all not just in muscle building. As they say abs are made in the kitchen & that 80% of the transformation comes from nutrition while only 20% comes from exercise. Just because we are exercising doesn't mean we can eat anything we want. I eat whole foods including breakfast which I bring along at work so I can eat breakfast there since I have no time to eat it at my house. I make sure to eat protein at every meal & I include protein shakes during my weight lifting days. I'm trying my best to have a calorie surplus to gain muscle. Plus I love tuna & salmon, I eat them most of the time.
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the nice words :flowerforyou: I was actually hesitant to show some of my pics since I'm still working on with my abs but it pays off.
    Options
    Your pictures have inspired me. Thanks for sharing. Is it possible to do this at home with minimal expense and with physical limitations. I'm still very heavy and can't get down on the floor and my knees are weak and painful. I work on crunches in my bed and squeeze a ball between my knees and have noticed stronger abdominal muscles doing this everyday. I also do arm exercises with 2lb weights at least 3 times a week. Can you give me any suggestions?

Yes you can do it at home. You can do bodyweight exercises like push-ups, triceps chair dips, body weight squats & lunges. As for the push-ups if you find it very difficult for you, you can start with an incline push-ups using your low table or staircase & from there you lower your incline as you get stronger until you can do a full push-ups.
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Bumping because I can't see the pics on my work computer, but I'd love to see your results. Thanks for helping to bust the myth that heavy weights make a woman look like a bodybuilder. Women with great muscle definition are beautiful. I love my muscles, and I continuously strive to make them better.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options

I agree & this applies to all not just in muscle building. As they say abs are made in the kitchen & that 80% of the transformation comes from nutrition while only 20% comes from exercise. Just because we are exercising doesn't mean we can eat anything we want. I eat whole foods including breakfast which I bring along at work so I can eat breakfast there since I have no time to eat it at my house. I make sure to eat protein at every meal & I include protein shakes during my weight lifting days. I'm trying my best to have a calorie surplus to gain muscle. Plus I love tuna & salmon, I eat them most of the time.

Definatley made in the kitchen, no doubt. I keep my training the same and adjust my calories to just below maintenance and increase cardio and i'll from:

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/200590_10150117530146611_638346610_6991858_1220765_n.jpg

to

http://www.gasparinutrition.co.uk/tl_files/images/matt pic 6.jpg
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Definatley made in the kitchen, no doubt. I keep my training the same and adjust my calories to just below maintenance and increase cardio and i'll from:

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/200590_10150117530146611_638346610_6991858_1220765_n.jpg

to

http://www.gasparinutrition.co.uk/tl_files/images/matt pic 6.jpg

Very nice :)
  • preciouss1983
    preciouss1983 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Amazing you can see the transformation! Whoo hoo! You doing great. Keep at it!
  • tennillewade
    tennillewade Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    this is a great post, i hated strength training i still view it as a necessary evil LOL You can bulk up doing strength training you just don't have to. I've always been advised to pick a lighter wieght but still challenging and do more reps, because i'm not interested in adding bulk just definition. Muscle burns fat!!!
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options

Very nice :)

Thanks.

Will always maintain, muscle is gained and fat is lost in the kitchen. Exercise heightens said losses.
  • thunt1990
    thunt1990 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! I absolutely hate the stigma around women weight training. Weights burn fat and who does want to do that. The super bulky women work extremely hard and just doing a little weight wont make you look like a meathead
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!