poop

Options
I haven't, in a week. I think I"m going to die. HELP. this has never happened to me before in my entire life.

Replies

• xxkellywxx
    Options
    maybe you're not having enough fiber in your diet, I suggest eating wholegrain bread or anything with high fiber in it for a week, it will help :) xxxx
  • sshetland
    sshetland Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Up your intake of fresh fruit and veg, and drink plenty water - things should start moving!
  • Gutter19
    Gutter19 Posts: 141
    Options
    A fiberone bar combined with lots of water should do the trick...or you can go the laxitive, stool softner enama routes...but I would try the fiberone and lots of water first.
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    get some fiber in your system. Either go get it in the pill form, might work faster. I had to take extra fiber pills during my pregnancy i was sooooo worried about getting hemorrhoids LOL
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    try a stool softener..................or see your doctor
  • avonchik
    avonchik Posts: 106
    Options
    i agree .. Fiber and lots of water. Flavor the water if you are not a water drinker! Good luck!:drinker:
  • boe2004
    boe2004 Posts: 21
    Options
    Lactulose. Get it at the chemist!
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Wow that is really uncomfortable I am sure! Apple juice is a quick fix for me. But, also up your water intake, try some coffee, and increase your fiber intake. But for the quick fix, apple juice is my go to item. But, it is high in calories and sugar. So, its a trade off.
  • lawson305
    lawson305 Posts: 103
    Options
    woah....sorry to hear, sounds like you need to get checked out. anything i say will be bordering on TMI - so take care!
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Fiber one
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Fiber, water, fiber, water. repeat.

If tht doesnt work, get an over the counter stool softener too.
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Stool softners. and water. Possibly fibre.
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    my doctor told me that after a week more fibre and extra water is not a good idea

get a stool softener and take that it should help
    also my doctor told me strong brewed coffee will also help
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Fiber, water, fiber, water. repeat.

If tht doesnt work, get an over the counter stool softener too.

I find eating raisins helpful too!
  • HisButterfly
    HisButterfly Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Abdominal massage would help with anything listed above :smile:
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Agree with upping your water intake, and also fresh fruit and veg. Walk lots - I find this helps as well.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    i cant see your food diary to give you suggestions. i had this problem several times in the last few years during my diet changes.. seemed every time i changed my diet i would have some level of difficulty moving bowels. you have to drink a lot of water for one.. i drink at least a gallon a day or close to it now. havent had a problem since i started doing that. eat an apple or two a day.. make sure you have enough fiber but make sure you drink that water too. im not one to use drugs for solutions unless its absolutely necessary but if you go buy a bottle of magnesium citrate itll blast concrete apart. it only cost under 2 bucks at the pharmacy or food store . im a nurse and ive used it when i had severe problems and on patients where milk of magnesium did not work. dont ever go more than two days without pooping because it can create problems.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    A week? Oh my! Run to the drugstore and get an enema. Then incorporate more fiber into your diet. This can be done by food alone or with food combined with fiber powder (also at the drugstore). Fiber One (original) cereal works for me. Other high fiber foods are raw or steamed vegetables, beans/legumes, old-fashioned oatmeal, Brownberry Double Fiber bread.

Here's a link to the Mayo Clinic's list of high fiber foods:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/high-fiber-foods/NU00582
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Thank God I'm not the only one. I almost posted it on my wall but was afraid people would freak out. I try to get a lot of fiber and I drink at least 4-6 glasses of water a day and I can not go. It is frustrating. And I honestly think that most of my weight is just crap! LOL
  • M3CH4N1C
    M3CH4N1C Posts: 157
    Options
    Bowl movements are in direct relation your metabolism. If you haven't gone in a week then your metabolism is in hibernation mode