poop

Options
2»

Replies

• wolf1154
    wolf1154 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Drink some strong coffee (caffeine is a natural laxative) for some quick relief. Eat Activia yogurt once or twice a day! (it's like a miracle drug for gassy, bloated, burpee, painful stomach aliments!)

Up the fiber and drink more water. You might also want to go onto a 3-7 detox plan from GNC.
  • vinylscratch
    vinylscratch Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    A cup of green tea followed by lots of water usually does it for me! Is this a cosmic thing? I can't poop either! Omg! We should make a group.
  • jimthix10
    Options
    By far your best stool softener option is Miralax. It works gently as opposed to some of the others.

That said, if it's been an entire week you may actually want to see a doctor first. Speaking as someone with a history of GI problems there are some things you'd want to rule out before taking a laxative, i.e. a bowel obstruction.
  • katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    miralax and dried cranberries. I had the same issue...for about 3 days. This helps.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're drinking enough water and having enough fibre.... Sometimes extra fibre can cause you to not go if you aren't drinking enough water.
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    In an emergency such as this, you only need one thing. Prune juice. Drink like 12 ounces to start maybe. Trust me this works, I have a two year old. Then afterwards, if you are worried about it happening again drink about 4 ounces of it a day every day. Or eat oatmeal for breakfast every day with raisins!
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Granted there will be extra calories with the prune juice, but for something like this you have to be ok with that just for the day...
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I don't know where you live but as a hospital nurse we used to give a bottle of "citrate of magnesia" before we used to do a barium enema. I took it once after 4 days of nothing. IT tastes like salty 7up and made me feel so bloated, but it did produce a nice bm without the harshness of cramping like from x-lax, which also might work. Don't take more than the recommended dose of any laxative as they can cause cramping just taking the regular dose. Also senna tea called "smooth move" from the grocery store. But again, don't drink too much of it or you'll get some really bad cramping going on!

Then start adding more greens to your diet and fresh fruits. Mangoes, spinach, beans, celery, it might take a day or two to get things going. 100% bran cereal and it a nice BIG bowl of it. I used to be like you. Now look at my food diary i am getting 50 - 70 grams of fiber a day. I still take psyllium fiber 2 tablespoons (I get the generic in bins from the whole foods so i don't get the sugar with it) in water mixed with cocoa powder and stevia and it then is like chocolate pudding - sort of. Better with applesauce.

Best of luck to you!!
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Macrogol powder helps too. Dissolve in water and drink twice a day. Doesn't taste bad either. Once dissolved the water returns clear and it has a slight sweet taste to it.
  • 2hungariangirls
    Options
    My DD has this problem and she is 4. The GI dr. recommended M.O.M. Milk of magnesia. It WORKS! Read the label and within just a couple of hours. You will feel much, much better. No cramping. GL
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Drink a couple tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I use Dieter's Tea. I drink it mid-afternoon so that I "go" after dinner before bedtime. You can find it in most health food stores.

I only use it if its been over a couple of days. But I find if I do a protein shake with psyluum seed husks in it every morning - I have no problems.