JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You jog from a zombie

You run from a large predator

OMG! This is hilarious and so true!
  • katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    jogging..you stop at green stoplights for cars.
    running...the cars stop at green stoplights for you.

Well played! lol
  • JPayne53
    JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    one you do for fun, the other you do when you're being chased by zombies
    rule-number-1-o.gif

Again! Love it!
  • ncw89
    ncw89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I remember reading on the Runners World website a discussion on this topic; the general gist was that mostly it's snobbishness that differentiates between the two! haha :)
    They basically said that it doesn't matter, you're still getting up off the couch and doing something active, the leg action is much the same, and the speed varies. They finished up with a quote I keep telling myself: you're a runner as soon as you care even the tiniest amount about being called a jogger xD
    Personally I think of myself as a jogger: I'm pathetically slow (like, my main jog speed is pretty much a normal person's walk, my sprint is what normal people call a light jog lol!), I can't cover miles in one session and I don't do it regularly enough for me to think of myself as a "real" runner. But, as I said above, maybe that's me buying into the snobbishness x)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I think it's based on pace. <6mph=jogging, >6mph=running
    I could be off on the #...

The actual definition of running is "a gait in which at regular points during the running cycle both feet are off the ground." Pace has nothing to do with it. Jogging is just a generic term for a slower than normal pace. The actual speed depends on many factors. For example, a sprinter may call 7mph "jogging," while a beginner may call 7mph "sprinting."
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I forgot an aspect.
    You jog from a zombie

You trip and fall in front of Jason or Michael
  • beccalucy
    beccalucy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    jogging..you stop at green stoplights for cars.
    running...the cars stop at green stoplights for you.

Well played! lol

I love this! However, I need to stop running out in front of cars.

IMO if you're getting out the house and more than walking you're a runner!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Only if you're a large breasted, half dressed female.
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I forgot an aspect.
    You jog from a zombie

I thought zombies got a double tap?
  • kathijen
    kathijen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It's a mind set. Jogging makes you feel like you're not doign a godo enough workout, your'e not fast enoguh, etc to be running. The fact is that running IS jogging and jogging IS running. If you're doing a bit more than walking with a hop, you're running and you're a runner. No matter how fast or slow you are. Run!
  • cherrytulips
    Options
    I am only 5'3" with short, squatty legs and I can assure you that anything over 5.2mph or so is running for me, and god help me when I get up to 6mph+ because it's all I can do to not go flying off the treadmill.

flying off the treadmill is no bueno! haha:)
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Only if you're a large breasted, half dressed female.
    You never seem them chasing a girl in a jog bra and spandex

P6fu7.jpg
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    You jog from a zombie

^this^ :laugh:
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Im not sure it really matters. Running is running. No matter the pace

Yes!! It's funny when I go to log my running at 4.2-4.5 mph it comes up as walking on MFP...hehe!!

^ This is me too!
  • nolakris
    nolakris Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I run a 12 minute mile. I'm a slow runner, but I consider myself a runner.
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    Run Forrest, Run!!!

Forrest was a sprinter! LOL
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    "jogging - to run at a leisurely, slow pace, especially as an outdoor exercise: He jogs two miles every morning to keep in shape.

to run or ride at a steady trot: They jogged to the stable."

therefore - jogging is running
  • lucentabella
    lucentabella Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am only 5'3" with short, squatty legs and I can assure you that anything over 5.2mph or so is running for me, and god help me when I get up to 6mph+ because it's all I can do to not go flying off the treadmill.

I refuse to go running with my boyfriend. LOL. At 5'3" I just can't keep up with him! He's 6'4". His slow run is about the same as my fast-pace run.
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Lol...I'm 5'3 also, and the fastest I've gone up to is 8.5 for about 15 seconds. I'm sure I looked (and sounded) like a fool pounding my heavy a** feet on the treadmill. Oh well! :-)

^^^ my hero for the day. I couldn't imagine getting up to 8.5 and not being thrown off of the treadmill like i was in a sling shot

I am 4'11'' and the fastest I was able to run was 8. LOL. To the OP, MFP say that I am walking, I say that I am running....I never jog.....it's soooo 70's and nothing good came out of the 70's.
    [/quote]

Funny I say the same thing about the 80's. :smokin:
  • lunula76
    Options
    I don't know but I am 5'1" and 5-6 mph is way faster than I can walk and much faster than that I am flying in the air. My partner is 5'11" and his stride is soo much longer than mine he is hardly winded when I feel like I am hauling *kitten*. No fair!