Not enough calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    my calorie intake should be no more than 1200 calories im currently eating between 600 -900 calories i drink 4 pints water a day feel free add me lets reach our goals together

Oh my goodness, that is not nearly enough, especially for a man. You also seems to be only eating soup and bread. This is not healthy or sustainable. Your body needs nutrients and fuel!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    my calorie intake should be no more than 1200 calories im currently eating between 600 -900 calories i drink 4 pints water a day feel free add me lets reach our goals together

MFP's calorie goal for you is not so much a ceiling to stay under, it is more of a target for you to aim to hit as close to as possible. If MFP gives you 1200, you should try hitting around 1100-1300 every day. It's okay to be a little over on some days and a little under on some days. MFP does not advocate eating below 1200 on a regular basis (although very small people may find that they need to eat lower to see results, but that is NOT the average person).

Also, many men find that 1200 is too low for them, period. And you may have your requested weightloss set faster than what MFP will accomodate for you at your current size - MFP will not give a number lower than 1200, if you got the 1200 goal then it's possible MFP defaulted to that number for you b/c it refuses to give you a number that would actually correspond with what you asked it to do. The less weight you have to lose, the slower your rate of weightloss should be.
  • Clarkjn11
    Options
    I think it depends on the person. My calorie intake is suppose to be 1270, but I never reach this unless I go out to eat which is rarely. I am always under 1,000 which is fine for me because I don't really eat that much and if you are eating healthy food you don't need to. I don't have headaches and I am losing weight at a normal rate.
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options

I just looked at your food diary... you need to eat a healthier diet in order to loose weight correctly... all you eat is bread and soup and you hover around 600 calories per day! As a man that is way too little!! Please research this all more so you are as healthy as possible!!
  • firstjog11
    firstjog11 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm going to echo what others are saying. My sister whenever she exercises feels "wasted" and gets shaky and lightheaded. She found out she has the beginning of diabetes, even though she is only like 5 pounds over her ideal BMI. I would get checked out by a doctor and make sure everything is fine.
  • NancyDrew26
    Options
    Alright, thanks everyone! I will try raising my calorie intake and eat back my exercise calories. Hopefully that will help. :)
  • jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Alright, thanks everyone! I will try raising my calorie intake and eat back my exercise calories. Hopefully that will help. :)

HOORAY!!!!!!! :)
  • jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    OMG people. NET calories. NET. Mine is 1330. I am not meant to EAT only 1330. ACK!

MFP really needs to explain this in very explicit terms when you set up.
  • MadeToCraveHIM
    MadeToCraveHIM Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your blood sugar may be getting low. Have you ever had it checked by a doctor? You definitely want to get it checked out if this continues.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options

I am similar. I was told no more then 1000 a day with exercise. I am lucky if I drink 8 oz of water.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I'm going to echo what others are saying. My sister whenever she exercises feels "wasted" and gets shaky and lightheaded. She found out she has the beginning of diabetes, even though she is only like 5 pounds over her ideal BMI. I would get checked out by a doctor and make sure everything is fine.

this
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options

I am similar. I was told no more then 1000 a day with exercise. I am lucky if I drink 8 oz of water.
    You weren't "told" that from anybody here.
    No offense, but you are engaged in total self-sabotage.

MFP would never even allow your settings to dip below 1200, because it's completely unhealthy.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Your calorie intake is too low in my opinion. Sadly enough I see a lot of people doing this and it does more harm than good.