Heart rate monitor help

Options
I've come to the conclusion that I REALLY need a HRM. I'm seeing the watch versions online, is this the only kind and how accurate is it? I'm so clueless when it comes to these little gadgets although I must say I did break down and buy a food scale yesterday...I'm learning! ;-)

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Watch ones are not accurate.. you need one with a chest strap.

I'm a fan of Polar... I've had a FT7 and a FT60, both are excellent HRM's.
  • Cardiff_dave
    Cardiff_dave Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    there are previous threads with links to articles etc and lots of advice.

i know because i want one but dont want to pay loads - defo worth doing a search in here on "heart monitor"
  • KCharron20
    Options
    I love my Polar PT7. The strap is very comfortable and easy to care for. I was amazed at the difference between my actual calories burned, the machine, and MFP. My actual calories burned are lower than MFP suggests.
  • tscovie
    Options
    I got a Gaiam for Christmas. I've just started using it but I must say it very comfortable and easy to read. But I don't know if the calorie count is correct. This morning it said I burned 1032 calories and my step counter said 589.
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    Also, who is adding the calorie counts for MFP for stationary bike when I do it at a moderate level, people with my height/weight or people just doing it and who have a HRM or what?
  • taco_tap
    taco_tap Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    bump

edit: I just order a Garmin fr60... I will let you know what I think when I get it :)