What's your favorite time to workout?

Options
I envy people who can get up at the break of dawn to hit the gym....I just can't do it! I've tried, many times but first, I love sleeping, second, I don't have the energy to pick up a pair of weights and third, I hate going anywhere with bags under my eyes! =P So I've accepted this and go after work during the week and mid morning on weekends....but I really do wish I was one of those morning people cause I think I'd get so much more done in one day!!

Replies

• _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I used to love going early in the morning and then again after work at night. but life is too busy so now I go in the afternoon right after work. and in the mornings a lot of the people in the gym look tired so you wouldn't be alone :p
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Only reason i would get up so early would be to learn something, form, stretching, or a foam roll with coffee.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Afternoon, which I never get to do.
  • nurse_christieyne
    Options
    I am one of the ones who go first thing in the morning. 5:30 to be exact. I like to go because the gym is not that busy at that time and I get my work out done before I do anything else for the day.
  • jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    Options
    I usually feel most pumped and ready to hit the gym at about 6pm
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    at the gym, i go between 8-11, off peak hours, no lunk heads, no one putzing around the machines or whatever.

outside, also the morning. quiet, only other people that take it seriously are out there with me.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I get up at 3am, pound my pre-workout, and am working out by 3:30-3:45.

On days I'm not lifting solo, I workout 7:30-8:30
  • dukes418
    dukes418 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    It actually depends on the workout. Free weights I like to do either very early in the AM (4-8am) or very late in the PM (after 8pm - midnight). That window between 1 and 3am is always difficult. Not sure why. Cardio I can do just about any time of the day.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    5-6am but lately it's back to the same route of 8-10pm, just cause it works best for my sleep schedule.
  • Shannonnn92
    Shannonnn92 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym around 6am because I know if I waited to go later in the day I probably wouldn't get to it, and I like going before class or work :)
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    In the morning....preferrably between 9:30 and 11:00.
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    I get up at 3am, pound my pre-workout, and am working out by 3:30-3:45.

On days I'm not lifting solo, I workout 7:30-8:30
    Wow that's early!!! What time do you go to sleep?? I have to get at least 8 hours or I'm a mess the next day!
  • Mist1981
    Mist1981 Posts: 145
    Options
    I am NOT a morning person AT ALL!! I do workout at 5am each day though! It was crazy hard at first but now I love it. Keep in mind I do have to be awake for 15 mins or so to kinda wake up, but once I get moving i am good. I know it sounds cliche but it really does make me feel better all day! I also HAVE to have my 8 hours, or I am an extreme grouch!
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    I usually feel most pumped and ready to hit the gym at about 6pm

I'm with you here! =)
  • chriscbond
    chriscbond Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I work out on my lunch hour every day. Its great to get out of the lab and go for a run or lift weights. Good mental break and it saves me from the temptations of going out for lunch everyday. I don't have to wake up early or worry about it after work. I'm lucky to have a gym in my office, not everyone gets that luxury.
  • BrandyontheRun
    BrandyontheRun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Wow, lol Props to those of you who are up and ready to go by or around 6 in the morning! Personally, I workout from 9-11am monday to friday and around noon on the weekends. I guess if I had to I might be able to get to the gym around 6am but omgosh I'm lucky right now- I don't work in the mornings! lol
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I wish I could get up early like that too. I just can't get my butt up either. I'm sooooo NOT a morning person! lol

Honestly, my ideal time to workout would be middle of the afternoon cause that's when I FEEL like it, but I work full time so I can't. The only time I really can is right after work before dinner.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Cardio in the morning on an empty stomach. Weights in the afternoon.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    My favorite time to exercise is early AM. I love early bike rides in the summer!

However, work and life dictate that I work out in the evenings. Until the snow melts! Then back on the roads for the early morning rides!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Generally I work out in the evening, anytime starting at 7:30pm (I try not to start any later than 8:30pm). On the weekends, however, I will sometimes workout earlier in the day (not super early) so that I'm done for the day.