What's your favorite time to workout?

Options

Replies

• jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Definitely morning, around 9 am. By the end of the day, I'm tired and want to veg on the couch or with a book. I have to get in an evening workout tonight, and I'm already dreading it.

Usually, I'd be done a few hours ago.
  • furbutt
    furbutt Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    330 to 530 am. Before work and an almost empty gym! While husband and baby sleep
  • big_drake
    Options
    I've never been a morning person but recently I've decided to start lifting early in the morning, I get to the gym about 5:30-ish. Or if I know I'm going to be doing something after work I'll go do cardio in the morning. Otherwise it's usually about 8:00 pm.

I actually like going in the mornings now.
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I work out after work.. which is around 5 pm - 6 pm. I would prefer to get my work outs in during the morning!! IT's a better feeling!!
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    first thing in the morning once the kids are off to school, im off to the gym
  • StarryOne
    StarryOne Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am also not a morning person so I work out at 10:30 pm most nights. I love that I have the gym to myself at this time of night. I stay up until 2 am and get to sleep until 9 am, so late night workouts work well for me!
  • thenewmb
    thenewmb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I like going before work and when ever work gets on my nerves so normally the end of the day even though sometimes i can't wait that long and I end up going at lunch also.
  • nikolaim5
    nikolaim5 Posts: 233
    Options
    Whatever time the gym is the slowest. 1:30 in the afternoon usually.
  • x_biggirl
    Options
    I have typically been exercising after work so from 6-6:40, today i woke up early though and was able to do my workout before going to work . I found that by getting up early, I felt so much more awake and ready to face the day. Also, due to the fact that I had just gotten up I had so much more to give in my morning workout. From now on I have decided to move forward with the early morning workout.
  • brokenartist
    brokenartist Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    On the days I workout (m-w-f right now) I get up at 4:45am and Im at the gym by about 5:10 and workout for about an hour or so. Our gym doesnt have child care so my wife and I have to workout at different times. So I take mornings because I have to get up for work anyway, and she goes at night as a way for some "her" time after watching our lovely, yet terd-ish, children all day.

I use to not like it, but the more I do it (3 weeks everyday at 5am and now 3 weeks of 3 days a week) the easier it gets to function at that time.
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    330 to 530 am. Before work and an almost empty gym! While husband and baby sleep
    Man that's early! What time do you go to bed??
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    I work out on my lunch hour every day. Its great to get out of the lab and go for a run or lift weights. Good mental break and it saves me from the temptations of going out for lunch everyday. I don't have to wake up early or worry about it after work. I'm lucky to have a gym in my office, not everyone gets that luxury.
    This would be ideal, but then do you have to shower and get ready all over again? I can't imagine doing this twice in one day! =S
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    My kids have to get up at 7 for school so I have been getting up at 6:15 to log in 45 mins of Zumba then do 30DS later in the afternoon, 3 is or so. Sometimes I will do Zumba again around 8 or 9 after the kids have gone to bed and my hubs has gone to work (he works 3rd) just because I like doing it!
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    I'd prefer the morning, 6-7am. But since I work 7-4 I hit the gym after work. I am a morning person so to get up and go pound it out just sets my whole day off right...just wish my schedule allowed.
  • TiffanyDawn79
    TiffanyDawn79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I love working out in the morning. I had to go after work the other day and it was SO busy it took all I had to not turn around and leave. lol
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My kids have to get up at 7 for school so I have been getting up at 6:15 to log in 45 mins of Zumba then do 30DS later in the afternoon, 3 is or so. Sometimes I will do Zumba again around 8 or 9 after the kids have gone to bed and my hubs has gone to work (he works 3rd) just because I like doing it!

That's awesome!

I give credit to those who can work out at home. I'm NOT one of them. I have to physically get my *kitten* to a gym to get anything done. Good job!
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    2 or 3pm...unfortunately i'm sitting at my desk at that time for another couple hours so i am part of the after work crowd at the gym.
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I am useless until afternoon and evenings and I work full time nights. i love working out at night when the kids are in bed for the night. Only works on the nights I don't have to work. Otherwise I try to get one in mid afternoon!
  • RockChick1984
    Options
    I quite like to get my workouts done in the morning before work so when i get home i can relax or do things without fearing i have no time to do it
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    6am on weekdays, it's my first week of doing this but I feel SO good afterwards and it sets me up for the day. The later in the day for me, the more likely I'll find an excuse not to go. Also, it's not as busy, and it's cooler.