Inspiration

Options
Who or what inspired you to lose weight? Who inspires you to try new exercises?

My son inspired me to lose weight. My Dad and memories of what he does and did gets me try new exercises. I want to get to his fitness level. (Well, before he retired and stopped being a hard core body builder.)

Replies

• wave143j
    wave143j Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My husband inspires me to lose weight. That doesn't mean I'm losing weight FOR him or because he wants me to. He loves me for who I am right now. Not once has he ever called me out on my weight. So when I see the marriages of all my friends and family fall apart so frequently, I realize how blessed I am to have a relationship that has been worth fighting for. I look in the mirror and realize that I want to be at my best as a Gift to him. He has been my support and my best friend since we met 18 years ago.

My children inspire me to exercise. Sometimes they are the only reason I exercise. I don't think I will ever be someone who loves to go to the gym but I want to be able to keep up with my very active, sports-minded kids. My two oldest daughters, ages 15 and 13, have reminded me nightly to do my crunches and frequently put in a workout DVD to push me. And they are there every step of the way, beside me, sweating and out of breath.

Thanks for the question. Sometimes you just need to put it in writing before you realize how special your motivations can be.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My motivation to lose weight and to exercise is one and the same - my unborn child. I'm not pregnant, either. I don't plan on getting pregnant for three or four years, but I'm doing this for my kid.
  • C_Lopez
    C_Lopez Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I really had a wake up call one day and decided that being almost 250lbs was not something that I wanted to be anymore. My close friends and family and my MFP have given me tons of support. I want it for myself and I admire everyone who shares their weight losss with me. My goal is to be healthy for me, my family. I haven't found that role model that I aspire to be, yet!
  • runiechica
    runiechica Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I inspired me to lose weight...I realized I deserved more than I was giving myself....