What's your favorite time to workout?

Options

Replies

• Dammitviv
    Dammitviv Posts: 117
    Options
    First thing in the morning, or at lunch. Exercise makes me wired; if I work out in the evening, I won't sleep that night.
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i'm one of those weird people who likes to work out at night. my husband and i make a 'date' of it, and we go to the campus gym and watch whatever hour long tv show is on that night that we enjoy. castle, bones, the finder, white collar, fringe, etc etc. usually somewhere between 8pm and 10pm. it makes the hour on whatever machine we're using go by faster.
  • hilriruns
    hilriruns Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It depends on the season. In the summer I will wake up and start running before the break of dawn. It's the best way to beat the heat here in Texas. In the winter I will wait until between 12 and 4 when the air is the warmest.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I for the mostpart get up early to workout before work, if I put it off until I come home, there's a good chance I'll be too tired, plus doing it in the morning makes me have a really good day and I feel good about myself.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I love working out at lunch time. It's the only time I've managed to be consistent (two and a half years now). It's a great break from the office and leaves me refreshed for the afternoon. Luckily I can actually eat my lunch at my desk while I work after I get back from the gym.

Yes, that does mean I have to shower at the gym. But I'm a hair in a bun and no makeup kinda gal, so it doesn't take long.
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Definitely not mornings! My body just does not wake up that quickly and I accepted that a long time ago! LOL! I struggle to eat even! I get up at 6am week days and have breakfast once I get to the office at 7:30-8:00am. So I sometimes go for a walk at lunchtime but generally I do all my workouts in the evenings which I love because it completely de-stresses me! I guess I am an Owl rather than a Lark and I work with my body! I don't think it matters when you work out as long as it feels right for you! I know that I cannot do it in the mornings - and believe me I tried in the past! I found I was completely wiped out for the rest of the day by early morning swims, runs, whatever and yet when I do them in the evenings I am pumped and have tons of energy after! hope that makes sense!:laugh:
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I like to run in the morning before my body realizes what I'm doing to it, but I hit the gym after work. I've started using the time on the treadmill to call my mom and catch up with her (office gym, I'm the only one who uses it, I'm not being rude, promise)
  • MzzAisha
    MzzAisha Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Zumba!!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Started out hitting the gym at 7 am, but moved to after work as could not fit in my full work out. Liked morning work outs though, as its over and done with for the day.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Depends but never in the evening. I'm either there waiting for it to open at 5am or during lunch hour.
  • ncsjodi
    ncsjodi Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I work at home on my own schedule, so I like to go late mornings, when the gym is less crowded. Today I got there at 11am and it was perfect! I have time after the kids go to school to get a few things done around the house (throw in a load of laundry, check email, etc) and then hit the gym.
  • samatalma
    samatalma Posts: 197
    Options
    During my daughter's first nap of the day.Anywhere between 11 and 1. This way, I have time to wake up, have breakfast, have my first liter of water and all that good stuff.
    The only thing about that that sucks is that means I don't get a shower until like 1 or 2 but oh well! I don't usually have anywhere to go anyways, lol.
  • andreacord
    Options
    Early morning when the gym's not crowded. However if I'm running outdoors, late at night.
  • positivespin29
    positivespin29 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    6:30AM...it's out of the way, not crowded at gym or showers, jump starts your day!!
  • sarah32lee
    sarah32lee Posts: 5,279 Member
    Options
    I like to go right after I walk my daughter to school between 8am-9 otherwise I get lazy and wont do it!!
  • tikikris
    tikikris Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    It depends on the time of year. I usually like to run just before dark, but in the summer here in Texas I get up before sunset when it's cooler.
  • rachs08
    rachs08 Posts: 12
    Options
    I am similar to you, I like to sleep in a bit and I usually exercise between 4-8pm depending on my schedule. I've read recently that's when most people have the most energy compared to other times throughout the day. I've noticed that with myself also because i have tried working out both earlier and later then those times but didn't have as much energy.
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I work out on my lunch hour every day. Its great to get out of the lab and go for a run or lift weights. Good mental break and it saves me from the temptations of going out for lunch everyday. I don't have to wake up early or worry about it after work. I'm lucky to have a gym in my office, not everyone gets that luxury.

Same here!! I gives me a little "pick me up" and I have more energy for the rest of the day, plus my night is still free. I also try to go mid-morning on Saturday if I'm not too hung over from the night before. :tongue:
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I used to be able to wake up at the crack of dawn and go jogging by on the pier and the ocean.
    Sooooo beautiful seeing the sun rise and sometimes seeing pods of dolphins traveling.

Now I get my energy around 5pm-6pm, at least I get to see the sunset :)
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I usually go between 8-10 p.m. during the week. I work full-time, get off at 5 and fight traffic to get home for almost an hour. Then I usually stop at a store and grab dinner, etc. and then eat and watch TV for a little bit. Or I go to happy hour with friends until about 7. I also like to shower before I go to the gym, so that puts me at around 8 p.m. when I have had my dinner and evening fun and I am clean and dressed to hit the gym and get dirty all over again.