Hi there everyone

Options
Hey all.
From the UK here, i joined about 20 mins ago after 2 weeks finally deciding that i need to change me and my life.
Im hefty (a uk size 18), very unhappy about my weight and with just about zero confidence.
I would like to make some friends and learn to like myself again as the weight comes off.
I need to lose about 8 stone and i feel very overwhelmed. I lost 5lbs last week and none so far this week since my weigh in monday.
Anyway, would love to make friends with likeminded people.
Looking forward to chatting!
Lee x

Replies

• lori4013
    lori4013 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi Leeanne1974,

I'm Lori. I'm going to start this on sunday with my boyfriend....I'm tired of being overweight.
  • Leeanne1974
    Leeanne1974 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi Lori

Best of luck with your new eating ways.
    Im sure we can encourage each other!

15842263.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Rachelou79
    Rachelou79 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hi, i'm new as well :) good luck
  • Leeanne1974
    Leeanne1974 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You too Rach! x
  • K8ty_7
    K8ty_7 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    hiya, im in the same boat, feel free to add me if ud like some support, all motivation is welcome :)
  • neesie81
    Options
    Hi Leeanne, welcome :bigsmile:

I've about the same amount to lose, it feels daunting but have a look at the success stories and you'll see it can be done!

Feel free to add me :wink:
  • Rachelou79
    Options
    how do you get those tracker things with how much you've lost or still to lose?
  • Salena71
    Options
    Hi Leeanne
    I'm new too. Hoping to lose weight and strengthen my core as I've had back,neck, knee and foot problems.
    All the best to you.
  • neesie81
    Options
    Click profile on your home page and there's a ticker on there with an option to edit your ticker. Then in the message boards click settings and put a tick in the check box to show it :)
  • Rachelou79
    Options
    thanks neesie :)
  • Alinakel
    Alinakel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hey im new here too, have lost 5lb so far, looking to loose 20-pounds. feel free to add me :)
  • neesie81
    Options
    thanks neesie :)

You're welcome :bigsmile:
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Hello, I've been doing this since June of last year. Welcome to MFP, it's a great place to get support and advice. There are some people who can get a bit negative but overall this is a really great place full of people in different stages of their journey who are willing to provide support, advice, and a listening ear.

Feel free to send me a friend request, I do my best to help you. :smile:
  • cooper21120
    cooper21120 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello I joined last week it's great to have so much support available! Please add me :)