200 cals left after 2pm. Recipes wanted!

Options
how does it happen???

I have had a healthy day - ham & salad sandwich for lunch, eggs & bakedbeans for breakfast and a banana for a snack...

yet somehow its 2pm and i only have 200cals left for the rest of the day!!!

Anyone have any great 200cal recipes?

Replies

• zoeinthecity
    Options
    how does it happen???

I have had a healthy day - ham & salad sandwich for lunch, eggs & bakedbeans for breakfast and a banana for a snack...

yet somehow its 2pm and i only have 200cals left for the rest of the day!!!

Anyone have any great 200cal recipes?
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    your best bet is eat lots of vegetables.... you could probably have 3 or 4 salads with greens, tomatoes, cucumbers. etc...
  • Soniabruja
    Options
    It happened to me yesterday....:blushing:
    I had 168 cal. left for the dinner time.
    So I had a big bowl of home-made vegetables soup (95 cal. )with some feta cheese on top (60 cal.)
    I don't really eat bread, I would have rice cakes or oat cakes.....
    If you can't live with out bread, choose the brown variety (white is full of calories)

Have a nice day:flowerforyou:
  • zoeinthecity
    Options
    It happened to me yesterday....:blushing:
    I had 168 cal. left for the dinner time.
    So I had a big bowl of home-made vegetables soup (95 cal. )with some feta cheese on top (60 cal.)
    I don't really eat bread, I would have rice cakes or oat cakes.....
    If you can't live with out bread, choose the brown variety (white is full of calories)

Have a nice day:flowerforyou:

luckily, i grew up with a mum who refused to buy white bread so i only get the whole grain or whole meal stuff.. but its still full of calories. probably i should just kick the habit.
  • kingon8
    kingon8 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    does it matter when you exercise? Like if it was 2pm and I only had 200 claorie sleft, i might do a vigorus exercise to earn some cals back, is that an okay thing to do?
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    I just have some thoughts about the day so far....All of your choices were healthy, but very calorie dense foods, when you are on the very restrictive part of your diet you will have to learn how to find calorie light foods so you can eat more during the day, or eat leass of the calorie dense foods that you crave. For example, you can have more egg beaters than one egg, if you don't like egg beaters, an egg yolk is about 45 calories, but egg whites are 17 have more whites and half a yolk and save yourself 22 cals for later just in one egg. Ham is higher in cals for a protein, what about turkey bacon or a turkey based product or a low fat dairy instead,. A 1/2 apple is 25cals, a half banana is 45cals, salad dressings and condiments suck up the calories..one tablespoon of light dressing is 40 cals, 2 tablespoons of fat free is 30cals. You get the idea....Plan your meals ahead of time so you always save enough cals for later. :wink: There were many times at the start of this journey were I ended up eating toast on tomatoes for dinner, boy I quickly learned some of these ways to avoid that!:drinker:
  • Mtscruffy
    Mtscruffy Posts: 28
    Options
    I would eat some hardboiled egg whites. They are filling and have few calories.
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    I agree with Deanea....you need to "lighten up" some of your food choices. Low calorie bread for your sandwiches....reduced calorie mayonnaise or mustard (even better since it's fat-free and calorie-free).....berries or orange or apple instead of a banana.....and forget the baked beans! They are delicious and full of protein, but are little calorie bombs!

When you do need a low-calorie meal to make it through the end of the day, have tomato soup with a simple salad (no cheese, meat, beans, or croutons.....and just a little bit of light dressing). Or, broiled talapia with a little lemon with some steamed broccoli.