1 Year, 85 lbs., and countless NSV's

Options
One year ago today I began my new, healthier lifestyle. A great group of friends asked me to join a Biggest Loser style group. I do not know why, but this was the catalyst I needed. After years of half-assing it I finally committed to a change. I signed-up for MFP and logged every bite, lick, and nibble. I also began walking or using Wii Fit six days a week. As the weight came off I increased my exercise time and intensity. Of course I have stumbled along the way, but I did not allow the slip-ups to send me back to my old lifestyle. In the beginning I spent many nights reading success stories like this rather than eating ice cream, chips, etc. It was a way to break my routine and also inspired me. The picture below is from Christmas last year. I did not really look at it last year; I could not allow myself to see how large I was. Seeing it now makes me very sad.

0093.jpg

One year later I am 85 pounds lighter (5 pounds shy of my one year goal). I have more energy in my day to day activities. I went to water parks with my boys this summer without stressing and hiding. At amusement parks I rode the kiddy rides with them without worrying about fitting. I flew with them and had lots of slack on the seatbelt. I pulled them on a sled through the snow for an hour yesterday. I can shop in any clothing store I would like now. Our Christmas card had a family picture rather than just my boys this year. I finished a 5K in 34 minutes this fall; I couldn’t go two miles in that time a year ago. And I am training for a half marathon. I am the same person as that picture above but am now healthier and enjoying life much more.

011-1-1-1.jpg

I do not think of these as before and after pictures. They are part of my journey. I plan to continue to run further and faster in preparation of my half marathon in May. Each week I enjoy completing my strength training with less difficulty. And in time I hope to lose another 40 lbs. I would never call the last year easy, but it has been simple. No tricks or magic food/pill; I kept my calories in less than my calories out. I believe the journey is different for everyone, and we each must find the approach and tools that work for us. I wish each of you the best on your journeys. Trust in yourself and remember, “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” (Quote from Robert J. Collier)

Replies

• Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    amazing transformation, well done and very inspiring! :flowerforyou:
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Really incredible! You look so pretty and happy and young! You look totally fabulous... congratulations on such hard work and dedication--you and your family must be so proud!
  • kjlgcz
    kjlgcz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow! Well done! Very inspiring! I'm just starting out and it's wonderful to read success stories when I feel like I won't make it. Thanks xx
  • Kathy1799
    Options
    Amazing!!!
  • Whodatgirl77
    Whodatgirl77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Very awesome!!! I can't get enough of the success stories. They do help spur you on.
  • chambermuzic
    Options
    that is definitely inspirational! Wonderful job! You look great!
    I really need to lose about 50 pounds. I was on my way there and then gained it back last year, so this year I am definitely going to try harder. Each story of success i see how dedicated and amazing the results are helps give me confidence that i can do it too
  • Sumijain
    Sumijain Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    That's such a wonderful accomplishment! Congratulations! :smile:
  • cherigurl
    cherigurl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    whao hot mamma coming through!!!!!!!!!! you look so amazing, you should be so proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • nkosky
    nkosky Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I read your entire entry, and I felt so good for you!! Every day I read a success story that really inspires me, and today it was yours! Good luck as you continue your journey, I'm so impressed with your hard work and dedication to your family and to yourself!!
  • magikfairygirl
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story, you are such an inspiration. You look so healthy and happy. Way to go!!!!
  • CROCKETT1
    CROCKETT1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful story! Bravo!!!
  • snc1212
    snc1212 Posts: 38
    Options
    Very inspirational!! I am also training for my first 1/2 marathon, set for May. I can't wait !!!
  • shinyshell55
    shinyshell55 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You look terrific! Thanks for telling your story and inspiring the rest of us. Thanks for sharing.
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Congratulation!!! Thanks for sharing your success with us. You are such an inspiration!!:flowerforyou:
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You look stunning. All that hard work certainly paid off!
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    totally awesome. you've done great!
  • dara516
    dara516 Posts: 68
    Options
    You look great! Such an inspiration. Keep up the great work, and continue to share your story.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Great job, thank you for sharing. You look beautiful in both photos, and I like how you say it's a journey, not a "before" and "after."

And, I can relate to reading the success stories instead of snacking : )
  • bkbabe99
    bkbabe99 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Your post was very inspiring. It brought tears in my eyes. You have done an amazing job. I can't wait to see what is next for you!
  • Amalthia79
    Options
    So inspirational!!!! Thank you so much for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!