switching to lean meats

Options
I went shopping and instead of buying the normal red meat, I bought ground turkey, turkey bugers, chicken, pork chops and pork roasts. my question is, will this make any impact on my weight loss goals, or more so, does it make any diffrence at all? Also, did your family notice the change...I'm trying to be sneaky about it, but I have this feeling like I'm gonna be called out right away.

S.W 238.6
C.W 222.3

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    If it causes you to eat fewer calories, then it will impact your weight loss.

Also, I'm not sure what the fascination is with ground turkey, it can be just as lean or fatty as ground beef, depending on what type you get.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    It's a great way to mix things up and there are a lot of recipes out there for ground turkey now. My family LOVES my turkey meatloaf with spicy tomato chutney. But like another poster said, it can be just as fatty as ground beef if you aren't careful. In addition, things like turkey sausage and turkey bacon have more sodium than regular bacon so watch that part of things too.
  • Susan0816
    Susan0816 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    We eat alot of pork and chicken. I still prefer hamburger instead of turkey burgers, I just make sure it's 95-97%. This past month I have cut down on red meat and no complaints from family, now when we have it they think it's a real treat.