FitBit vs. GoWear or BodyBugg

Options
2»

Replies

• deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    FitBit CAN log your workouts! Before you start working out, hit START on the stopwatch function. When you are done, hit STOP. You can see the calories burned as well as the number of steps you took while you worked out.

Did I mention FitBit syncs with MFP? I love mine and I've only had it 3 days!
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I have owned both and I prefer the fitbit. The bodymedia worked but you have to wear an armband all the time and the metal irritated my skin. The fitbit reminds me to be more active. At any time, I can see how far I have gone and need to go. The fitbit customer service is amazing. To the person, that was having problems miscalculating sleep/steps, if you go on there website you calibrate the sensitivity of it, if that does work, email customer service, I'm certain they will replace it free.

BTW MPF translates to fitbit, you log here and shows up on their site.
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    And I get very similar calorie burns between the fitbit and bodybugg.
  • Jeckia
    Jeckia Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    How much does Body Media Fit cost a month also how much does the body bugg cost a month as well?

I just purchased a Ultra Fitbit and I'm waiting for it to come in the mail, but maybe I'll return it and get one of these instead.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    FitBit CAN log your workouts! Before you start working out, hit START on the stopwatch function. When you are done, hit STOP. You can see the calories burned as well as the number of steps you took while you worked out.

Did I mention FitBit syncs with MFP? I love mine and I've only had it 3 days!

Ya learn something new everyday! I thought the start and stop was just for the sleep tracker function. Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • stephcricket
    Options
    Great information here!! I am considering purchasing one of these and I am leaning toward the BodtBugg....
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    love love love my fitbit!!!!!!!! has tons of graphs on-line and stats just like that pricier one above ^

good luck! ♥
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I wanted something to track my movements as my weight loss had slowed to almost nothing in the last few months.
    My job is very variable so I wondered if I wasn't eating enough for what I was doing.
    This week is my first week and it has added over 500 cals to mfp every day. Planning on checking for another week and then possibly changing activity level to more active.
    Havent had a problem with it adding lots of steps when driving or getting on a train.
    If you are worried about it log it as an activity record - start when you get in the car and stop when you finish.
    when you sync to computer - if you record the activity as driving it removes the steps and cals from your results
    Floors are worked out on a height gain of 10ft = 1 floor - as number of steps in a flight of stairs varies.

I could not justify the extra costs involved in bodybugg or the others similar.

I am loving fitbit, small discreet and great. - the only thing I'd like for future is possibly to sync via bluetooth/wireless on smart phone. As sometimes I can't sync until the end of the day and with adjustments I am on negative net calories.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    whats a fitbit?
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I needed this info! Great feedback...I am going for a FitBit!
  • hazleyes81
    hazleyes81 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My experience with the latest and greatest FitBit Ultra:

Short Version: Worn for 2 days, and is going back for a return.

Where were you wearing it on your body?