How you view yourself

Options
I wasn't sure which category this should go in.

I have problems with how I view myself, every mirror, picture, etc I see a different size.

Sometimes, I see myself as the same size I would see in like a mirror picture taken.

Sometimes I see myself as looking bigger than that picture, and whenever someone else takes a picture of me, I almost always look much bigger in that picture.

ANd mirrors are just all terrible, some I'm bulging out it seems like, and some I look much better and I can almost see some progress, as well as the 18 pounds the scale says I've lost since I had my daughter.

Any one else relate/know anything about this? lol

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I used to absolutely hate myself but ever since I started exercising it made me so much happier and started loving myself (:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I still believe I'm huge and am surprised when I look in the mirror and see my hips and thighs getting thinner, my tummy shrinking, and my colllarbones showing again. My pants are literally falling off of me these days, and I still struggle to believe I'm not a size 18W anymore (currently a 14/16).
  • medicrenee
    medicrenee Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I think we, as women always view our selves to be bigger than we are. But I too look in the mirror and pictures and dont like what I see in fact I wont let others take pictures of me often. but with that being said it is one of my main reasons for loosing weight. Make it be yours too
  • rdzilla
    rdzilla Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I view myself as an unfinished project that will never be completed, can always be improved and is currently in need of downsizing. :-) Just remember it is never too late to learn something new, challenge yourself physically or positively influence the people in your life.
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Exactly how I feel!
  • ashleylynnexo
    ashleylynnexo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Well I was just wondering if anyone knew if what you seen in pictures, was ever really accurate. lol D: I guess I worded it wrong.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    "I like myself UNCONDITIONALLY!"

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ACowboyKid
    Options
    I have a difficult time with this as well. Except I'm always surprised that I'm as large as I really am or when people comment about my weight. I guess I just think that I fit in with everyone else, maybe? .I've never been little but I never notice change in my shape except for if I'm bloated that day. My biggest issue is my face because I always feel I look sad or really plain typically in photos taken by others. It bothers me and I find myself looking in mirrors to make sure I don't look 'sad' or just droopy. I can't figure out if that's how I just look or if I have something psychological going on. Hmm...
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I look great in the reflection of my microwave.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    When I see myself in pictures sometimes I get weirded out because it is totally different than what I see when I look in the mirror. The more I come to love myself the more my mirror starts to look like my pictures.
  • AnitaAntone
    AnitaAntone Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I feel very similar.sometimes in a glimpse, i see a change, but considering how much i've lost i don't think it looks visually as much as the scales show. i feel that by looks i have so much more to go, but have had alot of people tell me im a good size now. i think they say that just because they got use to seeing me so heavy for so long and my height helps me to carry it off. i hope i feel and see differently when im at my goal or that will just be so sad. i don't hate my body,i hate how i've abused it though. and looking forward to seeing more visual progress. i think part of my unability to see my progress is that i was in denial about how big i'd really gotten since i avoided mirrors and pics. oh well,time well tell.............Good luck on your journey!
  • Mkserpa
    Mkserpa Posts: 136
    Options
    1 year ago, I loved myself in every mirror, picture, etc.

Today, I feel disgusted with myself :/

Difference? 1 pregnancy and an 80lb weight gain.

I use the photos of myself pre-pregnancy as motivation to get back on track.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    When I see myself in pictures sometimes I get weirded out because it is totally different than what I see when I look in the mirror. The more I come to love myself the more my mirror starts to look like my pictures.

Same here... I can look in the mirror and be relatively ok with what I see. I avoid pictures.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I think l look good in mirrors but with most pictures I think I look big. I know I'll get it off so I'm not going to worry too much about it now.
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I look great in the reflection of my microwave.

LOL
  • soniaa777
    soniaa777 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    check out www.mybodygallery.com it shows other women at nearly every weight and height so u can get a glimpse of what u look close to. it helps when u know that the pic is not u, cuz ur more critical of urself.