• tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    OH MY MY..BUUUUMP!!
    This solves my urge for cake you ROCK!
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    what is the equivalent to grams in cups?
  • nienie21
    nienie21 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    bump!! :)
  • jlanab
    jlanab Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Pockyjo
    Pockyjo Posts: 17
    Options
    I am so excited to experiment with this recipe. Thanks for posting. :)
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say, made one of these last night with just egg whites and 1% milk..had a bite to behave, but let my mom try it also..PHENOM way to get it and I cut it in half so it's 2 servings of roughly 100 calories each. Very yum, thank you for sharing this! Oh, and I had to drop the cook time to 2 and a half min which gave it a spongecake/angelfood cake like texture. 2 min with the lowfat milk will prob do.
  • WalkTheTalk
    Options
    I am soooo going to give this a try! What a great way to get your sweet fix, but not have an entire pan of treats sitting around. Thank you for sharing.
  • cherylaclark
    cherylaclark Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump for later!
  • aimeelouwhite
    aimeelouwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    and if you don't have a cake or muffin mix...you can use this recipe on the site below...if you want to you can take out the cocoa and replace with lemon or other bits for different flavours :-)

http://blogs.webmd.com/healthy-recipe-doctor/2009/05/5-minute-chocolate-mug-cake-makeover.html
  • aimeelouwhite
    Options
    or check out these ideas for different flavours:

http://www.yummly.com/recipes/mug-cake-healthy
  • baptistgirl23
    baptistgirl23 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try this! Thanks!! :o)
  • aimeelouwhite
    Options
    More ideas!

Easy Variations on the 5 Minute Mug Cake

* Chocolate Chip - Add chocolate chips of course. Simple but delicious
    * Vanilla - Replace the cocoa powder with custard powder. Check the timing and don't cook too long.
    * Fruit Sponge - Place fruit in the bottom of the mug and mix in another container. Pour half the mixture over the fruit before cooking as usual. One recipe will make two mugs this way. To make it a vanilla fruit pudding leave out the cocoa and add custard powder. When cooking half the mixture this way, half the timing too. e.g. 1.5 minutes in 100W microwave.
    * Very Lemon - Add lemon juice and lemon zest. Leave out the cocoa and vanilla and add extra flour. Check timing for your oven.
    * Poppy Seed and Almond - Add almond essence and a teaspoon of poppy seeds. Leave out the cocoa and add a little extra flour. Watch the timing as it might need a little less time than the chocolate.
    * Ginger Pudding - Add ground ginger and crystalised ginger chopped finely. Leave out the cocoa and add a little extra flour.
    * Chocolate Cherry - Simply add chopped glace cherries, or add cherries and coconut
    * Chocolate Peanut Butter - Add some small blobs of peanut butter before cooking. Or put a larger lump in the middle. Chunky peanut butter works best for this
    * Surprise Cake - Add a small lump of something interesting to the centre before cooking. Try cream cheese, marmalade or jam. (This will be hotter than the cake so take care)
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Bump! thanks and soo quick!
  • luvlite2
    Options
    YUM! I'm excited!!
  • Miggy52
    Miggy52 Posts: 164
    Options
    sounds good may have to try that this weekend....thanks..
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Wanda66
    Wanda66 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Bump! Sounds great!