Clothes you just can't through away

Options
Kym1610
Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
I have been doing some culling of my clothes today and as I went though my shirts I came accross some I just couldn't bare to through away. There were the standard band/concert T-shirts. There was my high school leavers t-shirt and my high school cross country shirt. A jumper for the local sports team from my home town and a jumper my brother gave me (from his army days). These shirts remind me of a time in my life when some things were a lot simpler, I knew everything and I had very little to worry about... thats what Mum was for.

This got me to thinking what item of clothing can't you bare to part with and why?

Replies

• christibear
    christibear Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    A pair of red checkered polyester pants I about at a resale shop in Chicago. They were a little too small when I bought them, they are a lot too small now but I will fit into them, eventually.
  • orangeswild123
    Options
    My homecoming dress! Though it doesn't fit me, hmmm maybe someday! I still can't part with it. It just reminds me of high school and that night getting ready and having to shop for it. :) it as some good memories of my first dance in HS. Also I have this dress I bought a long time ago that's strapless. I haven't had the chance to wear it so I'm holding onto it until the day that I can.
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    The only thing I have't thrown away is my wedding dress!!! I have thrown things away that I regretted sometimes that have come back into fashion!! actually its funny you post this though, while I was going through some stuff today I found some things and felt really sad about the person who used to wear them because she was so miserable in so many ways, I felt really sorry for her (me) but I also felt proud about what I have achieved...:o)
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    There's a cotton hippy top I got when I was 14. I'll never get into it again 'cause back then I had no boobs, now I've enough for another 3 people! But eveytime I clear out my clothes somehow it ends up back in my wardrobe.
    And I've loads of tour t-shirts that are worn out, but I just can't bring myself to throw them away. I'm thinking of making a quilt with them at some point.