Calories?

Options
Hiya all,It's my 2nd day using the site, I have been logging my days on Word until now, but after entering all my meals I found my Fat, cabs ect are all in line with my daily allowance but I'm not getting enough Calories.

My main snack is Carrots which I can eat to my heart content but its not enough.

I'm roughly 200-300 short every day any ideas of a snack that's got the calories but not the fat content??

Thanks
:D xx

Replies

• SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Cereal with skimmed milk?
  • SugarHighAbbie
    Options
    Cream crackers and laughing cow. 4 crackers and a light laughing cow cheese is about 160 I think
  • Zainy_Zoex
    Options
    Ohh great, thanks both. :) xx

15836537.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • tanksu
    tanksu Posts: 19
    Options
    Hey, I've also just started here.

I wish I could come under my calorie goal, I find it hard! Cottage Cheese makes a good snack. It tends to be high protien and low fat, so ideal. There are many different ways you can eat it depending on your preferences!
  • Zainy_Zoex
    Options
    A few under I wouldn't mind but to keep my ideal weight once I reach it will be hard if I start so low I think.
    Are you much over you limit?
    I love sweet things that's why I love to snack on carrots as they are very low in calories but very very sweet LOL. I have never tried cottage cheese :ohwell: But I suppose it worth a try, I do love cheese so it worth finding a few idea on how to eat it :smile:
    Thank you xx
  • sandz2710
    Options
    I eat way too many carbs I think...
    Time to find some low in carbs foods that I like...
    Good luck with finding some calorie high snacks that aren't too high in fat :smile:
    I can't suggest much, I'm on my own little journey to find foods that are better for me than the stuff I eat at the moment...
    x
  • Zainy_Zoex
    Options
    I love carbs aswel, totally addicted actually, but I've just swapped it all for wholemeal versions of the same thing, So I still enjoy pasta, rice ect I just eat brown/wholemeal. With my potatoes I just have a smaller one than I used to and add some extra greens, so i'm still getting what I love and i'm still full because of the extra veg :) If you like Jacket potatos Cover it in beans so you don't miss the butter ;)

Thanks, Some great idea's above so I will be defiantly adding them to my shopping list xx
  • sandz2710
    Options
    I love carbs aswel, totally addicted actually, but I've just swapped it all for wholemeal versions of the same thing, So I still enjoy pasta, rice ect I just eat brown/wholemeal. With my potatoes I just have a smaller one than I used to and add some extra greens, so i'm still getting what I love and i'm still full because of the extra veg :) If you like Jacket potatos Cover it in beans so you don't miss the butter ;)

Thanks, Some great idea's above so I will be defiantly adding them to my shopping list xx

Fab suggestions :smile: thanks
    x
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Apples are a good choice, they may have carbs but they are very good for you, just keep trying different ones till you find one you love. My personal favorite is Honeycrisp, but I am going to try one called pink lady, supposed to be amazing.
    Hummus and fresh vegetables (I use zucchini spears they are pretty much free food the hummus is high in protein and fills you up)
  • rsmithy89
    rsmithy89 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Why are you avoiding fats? Fats are an essential macronutrient. Wayyyy more essential than carbs...
  • Zainy_Zoex
    Options
    Why are you avoiding fats? Fats are an essential macronutrient. Wayyyy more essential than carbs...
    I'm not avoiding as such, I am getting my fat intake just right and my Carbs but my calories are still not enough, so wanted a suggestion to up them with out over doing my Fat intake at the same time, if you know what I mean

xx
  • Zainy_Zoex
    Options
    Apples are a good choice, they may have carbs but they are very good for you, just keep trying different ones till you find one you love. My personal favorite is Honeycrisp, but I am going to try one called pink lady, supposed to be amazing.
    Hummus and fresh vegetables (I use zucchini spears they are pretty much free food the hummus is high in protein and fills you up)
    Good idea, I don't tend to eat many apples as I find the one's I buy can be alittle bitter but my daughter loves them so ever changed, think i'll spend a little longer in the fruit aisles now, see if I can find the right ones for me :)
    Thanks xx