Man Code

Options
2»

Replies

• asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    If I know I'm heading to the bar-- I log drinks in advance-- helps me pace out--
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been a member for three weeks and have been following the system scrupulously. However, last night I went out with the lads. I did not log any drinks as I felt I may contravene the "man code" by doing so. So I came in under my calorie goal yesterday but feel in reality I was probably over.

I would be I interested to know what the bros think, as this is an evening which is likely to be replicated in the coming weeks.
    What code?
    The only way this works is by logging in everything or forget reaching your goals.

I guess it's pretty unanimous - I shall commence the logging. The free day sounds crazy but you can't argue with a man whose lost lbs.
    Having said that, I have a "FREE DAY" where I don't log in my foods, because that's my day to eat what I want - as much as I want - anything I want.

What is this "free day", sounds like his "man code" to me!!!! Same thing different name is all!! Nothing different. Sounds weird to me you call him out for his man code and then have a free day yourself!!!! Just saying that is a little double standard there my friend!!
    I live by several double standards - do as I say, not what I do, and all will be well for you!

Seriously, if that's what he meant, I totally missed it. Sorry!
    MAN CODE!
    Hell, I think I like that!
    If I did not have a weekly day off from all this, I'd go nuts.
    Last time I logged in my "free day" ie MAN CODE - it was like 8000 + calories.

LOVED IT!
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I have a similar dilemma when I'm on a night out with the girls - I just KNOW I'll go over my set calories that day but I do still log it. I tend to eat a bit less per day during the week or do a bit extra exercise to "claw back" what I've gone over. And it's worth it to be able to enjoy the night out!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I'm not a dude, but if you don't want to whip out the phone and log the drinks in front of your friends, maybe you could write them on your hand? That way you can physically see what you have consumed to help keep yourself in check, and remember it all to log when you get home.

Best of luck.
  • jwalker30
    jwalker30 Posts: 282
    Options
    Go over your calories from time to time. That's called being human. Log the drinks.
  • Mr_Motivator42
    Mr_Motivator42 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses. I think they were quite unanimous. I shall commence the logging.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    The man code requires that you log the drinks and tell us of any embarrassing incidents.
  • bigbeardiver
    bigbeardiver Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My man code, says log the drinks in front of them and don't care what they think. MFP to me is about tracking what I do eat so I know how to best use the energy or calories I do have and how much energy I have to expend on doing things I like. I don't worry about what others think about it because it only matters to me. Being a man about it, show them what you are doing to see if they join and are able to transform their lives.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I say log them and work them off. Ive only had a few drinking nights since i started and i did extra cardio before so i had a buffer.......Next time i wont make the buffer so big..lol andybody wants to add me feel free Im kinda low on the friend support THanks>