Alcoholic beverages.....YES please

Options
Please tell me what are your best low cal out on the town drink ideas???? :bigsmile: All help is greatly appreciated! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Whodatgirl77
    Whodatgirl77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Lots of options but I stick to red wine these days.
  • kiwi1003
    kiwi1003 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love to add a little flavored seltzer water (like La Croix) to red wine. It cuts the calories and makes a 4 oz glass last you a lot longer... If you don't like red wine, try white or a gin and diet tonic.
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Champagne/ Cava/ Prosecco - only 90 cals a glass :)
  • amykingsley1
    amykingsley1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Light beer is my choice, at around 100 cals per 12 oz bottle.

Liquor with diet soda is also a good choice- Rum and diet coke, or one I like is vodka with diet sprite/7up and a splash of cranberry. They also make lower sugar cranberry juice.
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Mike's light hard lemonade. It tastes a little less like lemonade but I still really like it. 110 calories for one bottle. Half the amount of a regular bottle (:
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    Every-time I see these threads I get thirsty - Hendricks and Tonic ahhhhh <3
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    Pretty much as low as you can go for liqueur is a shot, and that's just over 90 cal. Start adding in mixes and it goes up.

When thinking about drinking I try and go for the biggest bang for my buck. Dark beer is usually low in calories (Guinness is around 140) and also has a lot of beneficial ingredients.

Avoid fruity beverages if you can. They add up REAL quick.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Shots :happy:
  • ViSabbi
    ViSabbi Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I know there's the canadian 67 which has 67 calories but I never tried it, I think it's Molson that brews it. I tend to avoid commercial beers, choose micro-brewers instead and I just limit myself on quantities. Besides, if you dance during the evening, you can burn it pretty easily.
  • mrsdauer
    mrsdauer Posts: 102
    Options
    Whipped vodka (tastes like whipped cream) or try the "cake" flavored vodka, i usually mix with diet 7up, light cranberry juice, or diet coke

Budweiser beer the 55 calorie (tastes kinda watery though)

As previously mentioned though, most beers (ex: michelob golden light and coors) both have 100+ calories, try to stay away from "juice" drinks, Unless its mixed with orange juice...you can usually substitute with Diet orange soda...

Good luck, have fun, be safe!

Keep in mind, drinking usually leads to snacking.... my biggest problem is not so much the alcohol calories, its the snacks i wanna munch on while drinking that leads to my gain.... (popcorn, crackers, cheese, pizza, etc)
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    depends on what im doing

hanging at home with my husband: glass of wine

watching football with friends : miller lite or MGD 64

cocktials with friends: vodka with soda water and lime
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    Shots :happy:

101.gif
  • jenniakers
    Options
    I like vodka & soda water with lime. ~ 70 cal
  • julsofdenial
    julsofdenial Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I drink vodka (lowest cal of the mixers) and club soda, because it is no calories...usually i find bars dont have diet sodas and tonic adds too many calories. Then i add extra lime. So total drink is only 67 cals for each shot of vodka added. I dont like beer. I do like wine but high cals. The new " skinny girl" drinks are good too.
  • skateboardstef
    skateboardstef Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Red wine, it has health benefits so I don't feel so bad drinking it.
  • onebigbutt
    Options
    According to ChaCha.com, 360 vodka has about 30 calories a shot. And it's eco friendly. This is my new favorite!! :drinker:
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    WHISKEY!!!!...specifically Maker's Mark on the rocks
  • FitinFiveMonths
    Options
    Pick an unflavored vodka (flavored vodkas are loaded with sugar) and mix it with Minute Made Sugar Free Lemonade. Per shot of vodka can range from 60 to 90 calories, depending on the proof, and the lemonade is only 5 calories PER CAN. :)
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Gin & slimline tonic. Hic!
  • Richellebeatle
    Richellebeatle Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    So many great ideas!!! :love: I will be trying the vodka soda water and lime tonight. :)