One size doesn't fit all

Options

Replies

• GennetteD
    Options
    I'm 5'7, weigh 189, and I recently got into a size 15 pant size.
  • Redapplecandie
    Redapplecandie Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    5'7 currently 190 and in 14 pants, with large tops.

Previously 300, in 22/24 pants and 2-3XL tops.
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    5'8" weight 240 Pant size 20...i have a pair of size 18 dress pants I fit into but they are pretty snug. lol
  • hsk1019
    hsk1019 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Before: 5'3" 150 lbs. size 10 (some pants were tight) and a Lg. top.
    Now: Still 5'3" :wink: but sitting at 131 lbs. headed to 125. Wearing a size 8 pants, and typically a medium top.
    Definitely see variation among various jeans makers with their sizing....I'm not sure there's any "one size" as you have pointed out!!
  • Lizerra
    Lizerra Posts: 22
    Options
    i just had a baby six weeks ago. im 5' 2" weigh 175 and am in a size 13 but before i was preggo i weighed 158 and wore a size 10
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 6, around 170 pounds, and I wear a 10...in about 10-15 more pounds i'll be back in my 8/9 pants...but in about 20 pounds they won't fit right-they'll fit my hips and butt and not my waist. When i'm at a normal weight, my waist is about 10 inches smaller than my hips and bust...so when I put on a pair of pants, they fit my hips and rear end great, but the waistband is all loose. It's really annoying to find pants that fit. I've heard they make pants for "curvy girls" but they all seem to be expensive brands and I just can't justify that in my budget. My fave pants that I can't wait to fit into again are an American Eagle size 8-they actually fit mostly well, and the waistband only gaps a little when i'm at a decent weight (unlike some other pants i've tried on where they fit in the hips/butt and the waistband gaps like 2 inches). Sure would be nice to find pants that fit my hips AND my waist that didn't break the bank!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Height 5'2 weight 110 lbs Jeans size 1 or 2 and Tops size small/medium

previously weight 135 jeans size 4 and tops medium
  • adriadawn19
    adriadawn19 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    im 5'5" and weigh 190 and wear a size 16
  • dianathepenguin
    dianathepenguin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'0".5
    Weight: 130
    Jeans Size: 12!! (US)
    Shirt Size: Medium to Large (depending on the cut)

Its funny how people who are only about 1-2 inches taller than me and weigh the same weight are a significantly smaller size. Thanks for starting this topic!
  • JLove2Zumba
    Options
    I am 5'4 I weigh 130 pounds and I wear a size 4
  • MLAnniRoc
    Options
    I'm 5'1, currently 246 pounds.
    I've never gotten above a 22 in pants size, despite my shortness and carrying most of my weight in my stomach. My chest seems to be the biggest part about me, which means I wear XXL in shirts most of the time. For bottoms, it really depends on the brand. I can fit into an XL comfortably but for jeans, it's usually a loose 20 and the occasional 16/18 from Torrid or Lane Bryant.
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'0".5
    Weight: 130
    Jeans Size: 12!! (US)
    Shirt Size: Medium to Large (depending on the cut)

Its funny how people who are only about 1-2 inches taller than me and weigh the same weight are a significantly smaller size. Thanks for starting this topic!

it's crazy how it all matters in the shape, its all about loving our own body's for what they do for us =)
  • TiffyC828
    TiffyC828 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'4..started at 290 (ICK) wore a size 26-28..Now lost 60 pounds wearing 20/22 in pants..

My shirts went from 3X-4X to an xl-1x..I think about 40 lbs of my weightloss came from my boobs!
  • houzkat
    houzkat Posts: 78
    Options
    Height- 5'2"
    Weight- 154
    Jeans size- 8 in almost all brands that I've tried lately
    Top size- medium

When I started I was 191lb and wore size 16 jeans and L/XL tops
  • missmelissa919
    missmelissa919 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"4 weigh 185 and wear a size 16. I have a big butt and hips so I will probably always wear a bigger size even if I lose 20lbs. For me pants are so hard to find since my waist is a lot smaller then my hips ugh. Hopefully that will change soon. shirt size usually around a xl.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    even condoms come in different sizes -thank goodness one size does NOT fit all!:bigsmile:
  • megganjana
    megganjana Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"4, I weight 190 pounds and I wear a size 13 in jeans. I don't where mine on my waist because I don't think thats comfotable. I wear mine around my hips. Hopefully I'll be in a size 5 or so in a few months. (:
  • Dawn200321
    Dawn200321 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and started at 259. I wore a size 22 pants. I am now 213 and wear an 18.
  • cmhickey616
    cmhickey616 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and 142 lbs. I wear a size 8 in jeans and a 4/6 in dresses. This is the same size I was when I weighed 20 lbs more 4 months ago although the clothes look much better now
  • lostsanity137
    lostsanity137 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and 156 lbs and I wear a size 10. At 115lbs, I could SQUEEZE into a pair of juniors 5s but I fit better in 7s. I wonder if I work out enough, if my butt will ever fit into a pair of 5s. That's my goal. To get back down to my smaller size but to have healthy muscle on my hips instead of skinny fat so maybe I can wear them without so much "muffin top".