Anyone else have this problem?

Options
I have the problem where if I'm hungry, I'm extremely mean and moody! I know I'm acting that way, and I feel really badly about it, but I can't help it! If my tummy isn't happy, neither am I. Please tell me I'm not alone on this!

Karisma

Replies

• getfitjourney
    getfitjourney Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I get moody when I am hungry so I try to make sure I plan my snacks accordingly so I don't lose friends:)
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    LOL. You made me laugh.:flowerforyou:
  • karismalynn
    Options
    You are not alone. I get moody when I am hungry so I try to make sure I plan my snacks accordingly so I don't lose friends:)
    That is such a relief! Even just this very second I snapped at my sister because dinner is still cooking, and guess who's hungry? It happens at work too, one of my coworkers was actually hitting on me, but I snapped at him but thank goodness he found it funny. I'm just SO mean! hahaha (not actually finding it funny, just an awkward laugh)
  • karismalynn
    Options
    LOL. You made me laugh.:flowerforyou:

Who did? haha
  • Jenner22
    Jenner22 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I call them hunger fits.. and I use to get them a lot.. now I only get them a couple times a week thank goodness!
  • wantmorepies
    Options
    It makes sense that you'd be in a bad mood when you're hungry, your blood sugar will be low, try eating more slow energy release foods
  • carpediem85
    carpediem85 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am the same way!! I can tell, I get meaner as I become hungrier. If you want to take the edge off, I notice that pretzels help me! Or at work I have crackers and broth, so since it's cold, I'll pour some broth into a mug, heat it up and float a cracker or two in it and instant relief! Just have some nibbles and I'm back to my chipper self.
  • StephanieDJL
    StephanieDJL Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Not when I'm hungry but when I'm tired I seem to revert to toddler status! Haha
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    Yes. I used to be server. People would come in the restaurant all grouchy. Once they had eaten, all better.
  • daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    Options
    My husband calls it "hangry" and yes I do get it!! :)
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do get angry sometimes if I am hungry haha
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    You're not alone, I get real crabby when I am hungry or tired.:laugh:
  • Armygirl67
    Armygirl67 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have the problem where if I'm hungry, I'm extremely mean and moody! I know I'm acting that way, and I feel really badly about it, but I can't help it! If my tummy isn't happy, neither am I. Please tell me I'm not alone on this!

Karisma

omg..Me too !!!!
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    It's because of your blood sugar levels. Should plan better meals and snacks, or have smaller meals to have bigger snacks. I do better eating 5 or 6 times a day. Also starting my day out with a good breakfast that includes two eggs has helped a lot to keep me balanced all day.If I don't have breakfast with those eggs,I'm a mess. Baby bel cheese is something I use too for snacks to help. the light is 50 cals, and theres I think 8 g protein. In fact I was shopping yesterday for groceries, and got real bad, and went and grabbed some baby bell, and ate one.
  • sunnygal1
    Options
    My husband calls it "hangry" and yes I do get it!! :)

haha Hangry, love it! Yep, I get it too, but I notice that it's much worse when I'm eating a lot of sugar. Less sugar for me = more stabilized moods. :)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I get like that for sure.....not all the time, but when it happens I'm a meany!!
  • MollieMorgan
    Options
    Definitely not alone! I get super crabby, but only if I'm starving, which is not often because I'm ALWAYS eating :P
  • QuanC
    QuanC Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My coworker calls that being "Hangry". Hilarious!
  • karismalynn
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I dont feel so alone now! It gets so much worse if I'm hungry and tired! I like that "Hangry" haha I'm usually just called cranky! but I just ate, it wasnt even healthy food, it was pizza (my weekness, ugh) but I was STILL hungry, so I drank some tea with honey, and I feel so much better :)
  • shanahan_09
    shanahan_09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Ha...when I'm hungry, my hubby's favorite expression is "Don't poke the bear!!"...Guess I kinda get grumpy! :grumble: