help!

Options
Hi everyone..
Okay here is the deal. I have been watching my weight for a few years now and it was going very well (I kept off 40 pounds for a little over 3 yrs) until I was prescribed birth control and another form of medication for depression (very small dose). All of a sudden it feels like I gained a little over 10 pounds overnight while I was still exercising (running a little over an hour everyday) and watching my calorie intake almost perfectly. Might I add that the weight I gained was deff. NOT muscle for now I have love handles and thicker arms/thighs which I had neither before.. Also, I have started to eat back my exercise calories thinking that was the problem I was having before but still the scale hasn't budged for a couple months.
I was wondering if anyone else possible had the same problem or if I was crazy for thinking that could be the problem.

Help would be very appreciated :)
Thanks

Replies

• hayleesmith
    Options
    anyone?!
  • hayleesmith
    Options
    bump..... help....
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but as someone who took oral birth control for years (ortho cyclen and ortho tricyclen) and a few different antidepressants (currently on 40 mg of Prozac) I can tell you that it can definitely mess with your weight. Unfortunately I can't tell you the solution. You could try to mix up your workouts (read about muscle confusion) or perhaps try changing your diet. Sometimes you have to confuse your body too. Do you drink enough water? What's your sodium intake like?

Like I said, I'm not an expert, but I would just try changing some of your habits which might help.

I know it gets frustrating...good luck!
  • Merleygirl61
    Options
    Hi Have you been back to your doctor and voiced these concerns with him...
    Maybe there is something else he can give you.. its obviously not right for your body..
    If you are still doing all the right things.. and the only changes you have had are the new tablets..

Hope you find the answer to your delima soon..