What's the secret?

Options
AmerTunsi
AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
Someone asked me what my secret was for losing 101lbs. It turned into a rather long piece so I have just made it into a blog post.

It turned out rather long. So for those who are interested in reading feel free to.

And before any negative comments on everything under the sun starts popping up this is my disclaimer.

Yes, I'm aware that it is recommended that you only lose 1-2 lbs a week.

Yes, it is long. No I'm not a professional writer. If you are someone that can't stand ramblings and freak out over punctuation ... probably not the thing for you to read. You know who you are!

I do promise no mention of WEATHER it is better to eat or not eat back YOU'RE calories or any talks about HCG. THEIR is some mention of LOOSING weight and such. Proceed at YOU'RE own risk. :D

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/AmerTunsi/view/the-secret-198709

Replies

• inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you eat per day?
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    I enjoyed your blog post. :smile:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    CONAGRADULASHIONS
  • robynelaine77
    Options
    Thank you so much! Those tips were really helpful.

Congrats on losing the weight. So inspiring! :)
  • Jessicaga82
    Jessicaga82 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congrats that is amazing! You give me hope for myself! :)
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Awesome blog, I even bookmarked it!
  • KellsJourney
    KellsJourney Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    awesome accomplishment!! "Hi5"
  • Lady_who_Lunches
    Options
    Fantastic and well done :)
  • hsk1019
    hsk1019 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing
  • crystal122
    Options
    i thought your post was very well written, honest and authentic. a joy to read, thanks for sharing your secret(s) :)

10883448.png
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    I use a zig-zagging approach. The average would be 1500 calories a day. However, each day I fluctuate it so that I don't hit a plateau. *knock on wood* This also allows me to have days when I can have higher calorie days. And no matter what I don't drop below 1,200.
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the kind words and support. I'm glad that my words were so well received. Truth be told I was a bit hesitant about posting it. So thank you again and good luck with each of your journeys!
  • lovelymamu
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration to people!!! You should be so proud at what you have accomplished and how you have not only changed your body, but your perspective on life and health!!!! Good luck on your continuing journey. I have no doubt you will be successful!!!!! Hugs!
  • whoiskat23
    whoiskat23 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I just want to say thank you. I love how fearless you are and I love your approach to this. I can't tell you how moving your words were to me and more than anything, I think you have given me new inspiration to stick through this instead of telling myself that I am okay being 216.5lbs.

Your words, "The secret is self-love, empowerment, forgiveness, and inner peace." are now printed out and stuck to my mirror. Every day I will see it and remind myself that I can do this.

Thank you.
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Great blog! We've discovered some of the very same things! Thank you for writing them down and sharing with the rest of us!
  • ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this...it really struck a chord with me and I feel shaken having just read it. Congratulations to you on identifying what it was that drove you to where you were, an unhappy place. The destination can be dealt with but it is often the journey to unhappiness that none of us deal with...or are even able to identify. Thanks for motivating me to take another look inside to find out why I got where I am now...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!