Help! "Roll over" calories for the next day? yes or no?

Options
After the bars/drinking last night we ate Russian dumplings (about 350 calories) at 2:00am.
Should I log it for yesterday, or "roll it over" for today's food diary totals? What's the appropriate thing to do? What would you do ?

Thanks so much for your help. :)

Replies

• goingbicyclecrazy
    Options
    I ran into this issue more then once. I decided for myself that I would always do my cut off at midnight. it makes it easier for me.
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    I do it by when I sleep. I work third shift every two weeks and I usually log my entire time awake on the day I woke up.

I would log it for yesterday, just because you haven't slept yet. But that's just how I log.
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hmmm toughy, I'd probably put them in the day before and not roll them over.... but that's just because I like a clean slate!
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I do it by when I sleep also. So if I go to bed at 3 am, anything I ate before that is the previous day. Unless you already ate all of your calories from the previous day and you wanted to count the 2 am snack for the next day so you could maintain your weekly balance, I'd count them on the previous day.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I start fresh every morning when I wake up so for me those would be last nights calories.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    When I've already closed out my food diary I add it to the new day. I don't really think it matters as long as you count it somewhere or work it off. Sounds yummy!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I figure a day starts when you wake up and ends when you go to sleep. You can log the food in for the next day, but chances are, you'll miss those extra calories and end up hungry. I know I always do.
  • lovelee79
    lovelee79 Posts: 362
    Options
    Great advice! thank you everyone !! :)