Scale

Options
I really think it is something wrong with my scale. I can get on the scale one minute and it says I have lost weight nd then the next second it reads something differnt! Have anyone else had this problem? Should I buy a new scale?

Replies

• BigDaddy822
    Options
    I kind of think this one is self explanatory.
  • mzkia12
    mzkia12 Posts: 21
    Options
    It kinda is but I have only had it for about a month or 2!!
  • morrowsarah
    morrowsarah Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue but my scale is new lol. Do you have a wii balance board that maybe you could compare your scale to?
  • mzkia12
    Options
    No I don't!! Im thinking about going to buy a new one tomorrow!! Nd compare the 2!!
  • morrowsarah
    morrowsarah Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Ha ha. Try the neighbors scale or your moms or something! I guess you could always buy one at wal mart and then take back the one you don't like!
  • mzkia12
    Options
    Lol so true!! Hopefully that will solve the problem..
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Well before having to buy one, is it on a hard floor or carpet? Wont be accurate on carpet as it needs a flat service.

Have you changed the batteries recently?
  • tashaeastland
    tashaeastland Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think i depends where you put your feet and how you balance you body i put a line for both of my feet and i always put my big toes in the same spot and stand up the same way....hope it helps:smile:
  • angimac
    angimac Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Mine fluctuates. I generally step on and off until I get the same weight twice, and that's the one I go with.
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    Try to stand on it the same way every time. I have to re-zero mine often, even if I move it just a little it needs to be re-zeroed.
  • misslynnswan
    Options
    I've found that most bathroom scale (regardless of price) will do this but a large more expensive one is better, I've also found that a sturdy non-digital one is usually better. I've resorted to just using the gym scale, I weigh myself once a week at the the same time 1st thing in the morning.
  • Jayme34
    Jayme34 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    ME TOO! I bought a second one at walmart, thinking the newer of the two should be accurate but they are both showing different weights and its driving me crazy! i have no idea now which one is right and both are good quality scales and i have changed batteries and it makes no difference!!! ugh!
  • mzkia12
    Options
    Thanks u guys I will take all of u guys advice into consideration before I go out and buy a new one!! Because scales can range up to a high price nd I would not like to buy a new scale and it does the same thing as my other scale..
  • BigDaddy822
    Options
    It makes it easy for me I just have access to a really nice scale used for Collegiate wrestling. I would get a new scale and weigh yourself next time you go the doctor and see how close they are.