Easter Fitness Challenge...Easter!

Well, we made it.

Here's my summary:

I did very well on two of my goals: weight training 2xs a week/ abs 3x a week
and keeping up with cardio.

But, not so well on trying to study everyday (although I would "catch up" my time)
and also slacked way off on my vitamin taking.

For the next challenge (Memorial Day?)

I'm going to continue charting my vitamin taking.
--For workouts, continue with weight training/abs and current cardio.
--I've been doing yoga DVDs two times a week, and just purchased some more challenging DVDs, so I'm going to strive to do those twice a week. (they're longer and contain more balancing poses)
--Also, I'm going to wear my pedometer and do an "activity check" for a week. I'm aiming for 10,000 steps a day, except Wednesdays.
--And to limit the following to once a week only: One diet soda a week, one restaurant meal a week, and one "treat" a week. (I've been wasting calories by ingesting empty ones)
--Take my vitamins!

Happy Easter and Congratulations to all of you!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Well, we made it.

Here's my summary:

I did very well on two of my goals: weight training 2xs a week/ abs 3x a week
    and keeping up with cardio.

But, not so well on trying to study everyday (although I would "catch up" my time)
    and also slacked way off on my vitamin taking.

For the next challenge (Memorial Day?)

I'm going to continue charting my vitamin taking.
    --For workouts, continue with weight training/abs and current cardio.
    --I've been doing yoga DVDs two times a week, and just purchased some more challenging DVDs, so I'm going to strive to do those twice a week. (they're longer and contain more balancing poses)
    --Also, I'm going to wear my pedometer and do an "activity check" for a week. I'm aiming for 10,000 steps a day, except Wednesdays.
    --And to limit the following to once a week only: One diet soda a week, one restaurant meal a week, and one "treat" a week. (I've been wasting calories by ingesting empty ones)
    --Take my vitamins!

Happy Easter and Congratulations to all of you!:flowerforyou:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Since 3-8, I have now lost 3 lbs. I hope to do better exercise wise, if the weather will cooperate!!!!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    I summed up the other day. This time I'm not having as many challenges. So here they are:

Weights - 2 hours a week. I can do this in 2 sessions a week or as many as I like
    Dessert - only once a week. This is really the only garbage I eat.
    Food - Still pausing between bites. It's not second nature yet! A life-time of competition eating is hard to break.

All of this will go for the next 4 weeks, then I will reevaluate my calendar.

Not on my calendar, but will still try to: stretch everyday and do yoga twice a week.

Viviakay - what videos did you get? I have a really hard time finding yoga videos that I like. So far, Rodney Yee is the only one I like. I've been wearing a pedometer since early 2005 - you'll find yourself doing some silly things to "get steps".
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    I summed up the other day. This time I'm not having as many challenges. So here they are:

Weights - 2 hours a week. I can do this in 2 sessions a week or as many as I like
    Dessert - only once a week. This is really the only garbage I eat.
    Food - Still pausing between bites. It's not second nature yet! A life-time of competition eating is hard to break.

All of this will go for the next 4 weeks, then I will reevaluate my calendar.

Not on my calendar, but will still try to: stretch everyday and do yoga twice a week.

Viviakay - what videos did you get? I have a really hard time finding yoga videos that I like. So far, Rodney Yee is the only one I like. I've been wearing a pedometer since early 2005 - you'll find yourself doing some silly things to "get steps".

Love the life-time of competition eating is hard to break remark. I can relate to that. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I just got Rodney Yee's "Intermediate Yoga" (I can do all but headstands, due to space concerns). I also have his Yoga Burn, which I really like. I did the "intermediate" dvd the other day and was amazed at how good I felt afterward.

I purchased a few kundalini yoga ones as well, I do them without the "breath of fire" which makes me feel like I'll pass out, and skip the chanting. The poses are deep and challenging, but the presentation is not my favorite. (lots of jabbering about how "your glands will love you for this". . .it's a bit much) I'm considering a few more from amazon, I'll report back.:tongue:

I'm still on a quest for the "perfect" yoga dvd. Yoga Burn comes pretty close for me, as I like to feel equally strength challenged and stretched out at the end.

Oh, and ps. . .I'm on a not particularly active day, and I'm already to 4000 steps. Hooray!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Hi Everybody, and Happy Easter!

Well I'm discouraged, but I'm not giving up. It's been a month and I haven't lost a single pound, and my clothes don't feel like they are any looser either.

Five weeks ago, I cut out all hydrogenated/ partially hydrogenated oil, refined sugar, white flour, and corn syrup from my diet. I'm eating my correct number of calories (including exercise calories). I'm working out for at least 40 minutes of cardio, plus strength (or yoga) 5 or 6x week.

I just don't know what else to do, but since I'm thinking of this as a lifestyle change, I guess the only thing to do is to just keep continuing down this path.

Sorry to vent, especially on such a special day, but I'm feeling a little down.

I'm setting some new goals for the next month or milestone:

1. Pausing between bites, thanks to Mary's suggestion
    2. Focusing on how GOOD I feel having cut so much crappy processed food out of my diet
    3. More yoga -- I forgot how much I love Rodney's DVD's. Thanks for the reminder.
    4. Spacing my calories out over the day more, instead of "saving up" for dinner time

Thank you so much for being there for the daily check-ins, I really do think that has helped a lot and I really appreciate the support system out there. Enjoy this beautiful day!

- Monica
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Well 3lbs off the 178 that I hoped to be but I am still down which is good.

I was supposed to do cardio 4 x a week managed 3 consistently will fix that from now on.
    Core strength training 3 x a week done.
    Water not so good need to work on that still
    Diet good most of the time.

For the next challenge
    I would like to lose 8 lbs (172 - 174lbs)
    I am going to mix up cardio a bit adding running, elliptical, jump rope and stair climbing, ddr on the wii for fun once a week (when it arrives) and I am going to order a new DVD either billy Blanks taeboe or some kind of yoga.
    Weight training still core secrets 3x a week. 2 @ 45 mins and 1 @ 25 mins
    WATER WATER WATER WATER got to get that water in setting the alarm on my watch to beep every hour to remind me.
    Diet cut back on carbs a little and no naughty snacking.

Thats me for now good luck everybody and well done to all. :drinker:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Hey all,
    I really blew this whole challenge. Are we doing a Memorial Day challenge? I really need something to keep me focused and goals to work towards. I am starting again tomorrow on my fitness challenge. I'll do it till whenever it's time for us to start a new one.
    My goal this next challenge is to work out 4-5x a week at least 30 minutes a day if not more. And to drink my water! I have fallen off the wagon on that one! Big time! Also outside of the weight issue I think I am going to add to the challenge, keeping my house clean! We'll see how that goes! I hate cleaning! So tomorrow I am getting back on track. I have to work off all the desserts I had today. Yes, I splurged big time! Hope you all had a good Resurrection Day!
    Melissa
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Happy Easter all, I believe I lost maybe 2 lbs total, but that is with no real exercise going on except for the PT. I ate healthy at least and I have not had caffeine in three weeks. I'll check in to see what you are doing for the next challenge but can't say I'll join as I might be gone for at least three weeks. Good luck to you all. I'll come back when I can.
  • momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    FYI ..... There is a Memorial Day Challenge going on ........ Check it out!!! :tongue:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Off to a rough end. I caught a nasty bug that kicked me in the butt. I didn't feel great when I went for my run Friday am. Thought I'd get over it, instead, I'm full blown sick. Think it's sinus infection and possible strep. Only good thing is that the drainage is making me naseous, so even without exercising, I'm under cals.

My goal is for end of April... Memorial Day is just too far. That will be the next goal.
    1) red meat only 2 x week
    2) adopt the body for life eating style
    3) 1.5 inches off waist, 2 inches off hips (goal of 27.5 & 39 respectively)
    I'll take whatever weight loss I can get, but am finding I'm losing inches faster than pounds.