Elimination diet:/ HELP

Options
Starting tomorrow, I have to do an elimination diet, to figure out what it is that I'm eating that I'm allergic or intolerant to. Basically I can't eat any gluten, dairy, or refined sugar for a MONTH!!! then, assuming that makes my symptoms go away, I'll slowly add those things one by one back into my diet and see what causes those symptoms again. My question is, WTF can I eat that is gluten dairy and refined sugar free that's not just eating meat and leaves all freaking day!?!?!? For breakfast, I have planned maybe eggs (not sure if I'll have whole or just white or a combo) and turkey sausage. after that.....:ohwell:

Replies

• misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Oh no!!!
    I feel your pain!!
    I'm going through the same thing but I'm off of dairy, wheat, eggs and citrus.

It's hard, but it's only a short time.

I'm so sorry :( its not fun at all
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    check the sausage ingredients against a thorough list of gluten containing fillers/ingredients because not all sausage is gluten free!!
    As for what else you can have:
    rice
    any vegetable
    any fruit
    legumes
    nuts
    meat
    I'm sure I missed a bunch of stuff so that's just for ideas.
    There are some grains you can still have but I don't remember the list so would rather not lead you astray. But there are others, I'm sure someone will point them out or you can look them up!! I think there's a website called celiac.com or something like that - I remember seeing a list of ingredients/foods that have gluten.
  • LaVieEnRaw
    Options
    Check out the Bobs Red Mill website. They sell a bunch of gluten free mixes, although I'm not aware of what the dairy and sugar content is.
  • Mkristinek
    Options
    Egg noodles! I'm very recently diagnosed( this week ) gluten intolerant, and was worried because I have a hard time eating veggies! But I was so happy to find out Icahn have Mac and cheese and spaghetti still! Now only if I can find a bread recipe that isn't made with regular flour....
  • _Kate_P
    _Kate_P Posts: 132
    Options
    nevermind for the breakfast idea, the sausage has sugar! why would you put sugar in meat?!?!?! bkdjkgjdoagdjioa. hmph.
  • _Kate_P
    Options
    Egg noodles! I'm very recently diagnosed( this week ) gluten intolerant, and was worried because I have a hard time eating veggies! But I was so happy to find out Icahn have Mac and cheese and spaghetti still! Now only if I can find a bread recipe that isn't made with regular flour....
    I know what you mean! I'm a total carb addict, so this'll be hard, but thankfully there are alternatives!
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I don't eat much carbs, if you want you can raid my diary :flowerforyou:
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    rice
    any vegetable
    any fruit
    legumes
    nuts
    meat

This ^
    Also I've fallen in love with coconut milk yogurt.
    Golden Delicious apples with peanut butter is my go to snack.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    ok here's a list of unsafe ingredients/foods:
    http://www.celiac.com/articles/182/1/Unsafe-Gluten-Free-Food-List-Unsafe-Ingredients/Page1.html

here's a list of safe foods/ingredients:
    http://www.celiac.com/articles/181/1/Safe-Gluten-Free-Food-List-Safe-Ingredients/Page1.html

ps I missed fish in my previous post
  • fitfoodietrainer
    fitfoodietrainer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Here is an awesome website that has TONS of free recipes AND a whole section on the Elimination Diet & recipes for each phase!! Good luck!! http://www.nourishingmeals.com/p/elimination-diet.html
  • _Kate_P
    Options
    oh wow thanks!!!!