Giving this a more serious try

Nalgh94
Nalgh94 Posts: 181 Member
Hello, I have found MFP a while ago and joined but never checked the forums and after a slow weight loss progress I gave up too quickly. But I have been gaining tons of weight lately and I need to this right and be patient because crash diets are just not doing the trick. After participating in a few posts here, I have had some positive feedback from my inquiries and I'm learning tons of new things so it's definitely making my new start a lot easier and much more fun and hopefully this time I'll be motivated to stay keep this new healthy lifestyle up for a bit longer. :happy:

Replies

• lostsanity137
    lostsanity137 Posts: 298 Member
    I did the same thing. I joined a while back, but didn't look at the forums or make friends. It was no wonder I failed. Now that I have come back and taken advantage of the support the wonderful people here offer, I have found it much easier to stay motivated!
  • Nalgh94
    I did the same thing. I joined a while back, but didn't look at the forums or make friends. It was no wonder I failed. Now that I have come back and taken advantage of the support the wonderful people here offer, I have found it much easier to stay motivated!

It's a great community here for sure!
  • same here. i did all the loss before by myself and nobody was aware of my starvation so i kept on doing it and it backfired me. i lost 23 lbs from starving myself and working out too much. i messed up my metabolism and realized i can't live forever if i'd keep on doing that. so i made a new account, added ftiends, and the pounds have kept on coming off again. this time, in a much healthier way. :)

13815733.png
  • Inacay
    Inacay Posts: 47 Member
    Hi all. Thank you so much for sharing. I've have lost weight before, but gained it. I eat a healthy diet and work out but have a slow metabolism. I looked at my calorie tracker today and I got a message saying that I was way below my calories which could make my body go into starvation mode and slow down my metabolism. Since I like blogging and facebook, I thought I would give this a try. It's nice not to be doing this alone. Thanks for just being there.
  • Just signed up and im really excited. I have been working out but never really tracked calories on my own. I had a friend who is great at it but she's moving away. I think myfitnesspal and I are going to be great together. Last year I lost 16lbs by exercising and watching how much/what I eat. After a while I got burned out. Hopefully this will kepp me going and keep me in check!
  • Nalgh94
    Thanks all for sharing, I think the most important thing I learned here so far is eating way less than limit = really slow progress. Add to that the great snack ideas and the general fitness help I totally see this working this time around
  • bpurc22
    bpurc22 Posts: 180 Member
    Good luck! just make sure you stay fully committed. I haven't really been fully committed and haven't seen results. So I guess I'm on board where you are