Bananas, Bananas, Bananas!!!

Options
Ok just to start, I love fruit:heart: . The problem is there is no sound nutritional values for any fruit in the database:explode: . I've had two bananas today but I don't know what all I consumed:grumble: . Can someone help me figure this out. Other than this minor complaint MFP KICKS *kitten*:glasses:

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of fruits in the database. I find that it is easier if I type it in with the word raw next to it.

ie...Medium Raw Banana pops up at 105 calories.

Hope this helps.
  • Chenoachem
    Options
    There are a lot of fruits in the database. I find that it is easier if I type it in with the word raw next to it.

Hope this helps.
  • Chenoachem
    Options

Hope this helps.
  • rseachrist501
    rseachrist501 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you I think I'll try that next...heck I'll even go edit my food diary

Ps do you think that is really accurate? Or just close
  • ndiamond
    ndiamond Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If they're member submitted, they may not show all nutrients.

As far as diets are concerned - I usually stay way from bananas and mangos as they're not fiber rich and can mess with my "constitution" if you know what I mean.

If you want to see nutritional stats on bananas...

http://www.thecaloriecounter.com/Foods/900/9040/Food.aspx
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    Thank you I think I'll try that next...heck I'll even go edit my food diary

Ps do you think that is really accurate? Or just close

I think they're pretty accurate, because they are the same here as I find on other websites and in my handy little nutritional facts book.
  • planetcitygirl73
    planetcitygirl73 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If they're member submitted, they may not show all nutrients.

As far as diets are concerned - I usually stay way from bananas and mangos as they're not fiber rich and can mess with my "constitution" if you know what I mean.

If you want to see nutritional stats on bananas...

http://www.thecaloriecounter.com/Foods/900/9040/Food.aspx

They may not be rich in fiber, but they are a high potassium food, and often people don't get enough potassium. Potassium, along with calcium and sodium, is an electrolyte (mineral salt) important to the human nervous system, muscle function, fluid balance and heart, kidney and adrenal functions. A deficiency of potassium (hypokalemia) can manifest as weakness, fatigue, confusion, heart irregularities, and sometimes problems in muscular coordination. Insufficient potassium can also exaggerate the effects of sodium. The first sign of a potassium deficiency is usually a generalized weakness. So actually, for anyone who is exercising a lot (to lose weight or otherwise), it's a good idea to include bananas in your diet.