Jillian Michaels

Options

Replies

• bbabies87
    Options
    I just started the 30 day shred this week, and I love it. I have also been keeping my calories around 1500-1700, and I have lost 5 pounds this week! I missed the last two days, but I am going to start over on it Monday. If you want to add me, we can support each other! :)
  • Kathy1799
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 day shred for 30 days without a break. I'm on day 7 of level 1 and already I've lost 1 inch from my arms, legs, bust and belly and 2 inches off my waist. I love her, but I also want to kill her! :happy:

I'm on level one day 4.... But feel the same love /hate for her
  • mamaof4boyz
    Options
    i have 4 different ones and love them all. some are really hard. but work great
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    She's brilliant. But she's tough. Definitely not for the faint hearted.
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I did her 30 day shred and lost 8 inches and 8 lbs. that month! Now I am doing Ripped in 30 and when I got halfway through it I took my measurements and I've already lost 4 inches plus 4 lbs., for 2 weeks in that is awesome!! If you put in the effort you will see amazing results!! Jillian kicks your butt into shape!!! :happy: I also like doing the No More Trouble Zones one....it's longer but many great exercises to tone those problem areas. I bought her 6 week 6 pack to start on after Ripped in 30...I am obsessed w/ her dvds and heard that banish fat boost metabolism is a great one too (I am sure I will buy that one to do also!)
    Good luck!!
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day shed, loved it till I got to level 3, lots of jumping. My knees started hurting, so I've switched to lifting at the gym. I really liked it and even bought the ripped in 30, afraid to open it in case there is lots of jumping in that.
  • trlyblssd79
    trlyblssd79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    just bought 30 day shred after seeing all the great reviews of it on MFP - let you know how it works out :)
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I think I currently have 6 of them. I LOVE her for the most part, she talks a bit to much, but I do find some of it helpful because she's really big on proper form so she guides you through the advanced and modified versions. so they are worth a shot. if the most unfit people should give it a try, I would say if you are a beginner, get those dvds, but if you need a step up, get "Boost Metabolism" dvd it's a good hour long workout. extreme shed shred is good, and I like her Ripped in 30, the 30day shred is a step below Rin30, a bit easier that is to say.
  • kimberg75
    Options
    Well I just bought the 30 Day Shred, 30 Day Ripped, No More Trouble Zones, and Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism!!! I can't wait to get them now then I am going to try to re-arrange my room so I am able to do them.

Good for you!! I just noticed this after I posted....you will LOVE it (and honestly) sometimes hate it but just tell yourself that it's worth it when it gets hard...push through it! You can do it girl!!
  • gemmaldavies
    Options
    question - wen do u move from shred level 1 to the next level?? after how long?? thanks. ;o)
  • kimberg75
    Options
    One more thing....I would recommend you start w/ the 30 day shred and then do Ripped in 30 b/c RI30 is a more intense workout! I am on week 3 now and it is KILLER....week 4 may just kill me yet!! :laugh:
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I like them okay, not my fave's but not horrible either. My best suggestion is to go to the library. Here, at least, they have at least a few of her DVDs. You can check them out for free and try them for a week. If you decide you love them, then you can buy them. If you hate them, you're not out any money.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I *LOVE* 30 DS! I'm on day 13 today. I did levels 1&2 on my first 10 days, and now I'm doing what I call "double 2's" for my workout. This is my second round. My first round, I lost nine inches. I am not sure what I'm working on this time, but I know I've already lost inches! I'm also down about four pounds since beginning this round.

The only thing I always say when people are starting or thinking of starting: don't freak out if you gain a little weight at first. This is normal! You are causing injury to those muscles, and our bodies retain water with injury. The muscles lose this water to repair themselves. It will disappear again, along with a little extra, after your body begins to heal and balance out. :)
  • dennissara
    Options
    I have done 30 day shred and it is a good hard workout -BUT I had to stop it on the advice of a doctor after a week or two because of the damage it did to my knees. She does not do adequate warm ups and some of the exercises are extremely hard on your knees. I researched it after the fact and found that knee injuries are pretty common with 30 Day Shred, so be forewarned.
  • cssm
    cssm Posts: 25
    Options
    well i have just ordered the shred so lets wait and see how i go!! prior to baby i had a personal trainer with weights and strength training, im sure its gonna hurt! sounds as though people are getting obvious results in a short amount of time??
  • bckick05
    Options
    She rocks, You get strength, cardio, and abs all in about 20-25 mins. Which is gret for me because I do not have time to go to the gym and workout for an hour. My kids keep me super busy. SO its great to pop in before work and get it out of the way. SHe pushes you. They are worth the 10.00. Good luck!
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I have done 30 Day Shred, and Extreme Shed and Shred. I am about to start Ripped in 30, and I have her Ultimate Kettlebells set that my husband got me for Christmas that comes with a DVD and Shred-It with weights. JM is a beast, but I love her :)
  • lilyvale68
    lilyvale68 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Love Jillian's stuff! I just started working out 3 months ago with her Beginner series (Jillian Michael's for Beginners Frontside and Jillian Michaels for Beginners Backside). They got me ready for 30 Day Shred which I completed a couple days ago. I also have No More Trouble Zones and I think it's my favorite. A got Shred With Weights and Yoga Meltdown for Christmas and haven't tried them yet. Good stuff!
  • mauigyrl
    mauigyrl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    30DS is kickbutt!! I am on L1 and on my way to L2 in a few days. I have Fat Metabolism Boost and it is extreme!!
  • gemmaldavies
    Options
    does anyone know hom many cals u wud burn approximate doing the 20 mins? :ohwell: