[CLOSED GROUP] "A little bit of this, a little bit of that"

Options
Week 3 already! Time is surely flying by, huh?
How did you do on week 2? Were you able to complete everything? Did you notice a similar pattern with week 1?

Before we get started, let's talk about some relevant things:

1. What macros do you track? Do you have a particular problem with any of them? I do fiber, fat, protein, sugar and sodium. I have a HUGE problem with sugar. I normally blow it by a whole, whole lot so this week's task is going to be incredibly hard for me and it's going to require a lot of planning.
2. How often do you weigh yourself? This one's a freebie for me because I loathe the scale and I don't weigh-in more than once a week. So I guess per this week's challenge, I won't be stepping on it until January 31st! :)
3. Are you stretching before/after you run/walk? It's important! That's why I've included it on this week's task list.

At any rate, here's this week's challenge:

Week 3: Jan 22-28

Run/walk 15- 22 miles
125 crunches/sit ups (any kind)
70 push-ups (10 without knees!)
1 day of consuming ALL your calories (no more than 10 remaining)
3 days of 100% tracking
4 days of drinking ALL your water

3 sets of 10 minute stretch sessions or 30 minutes of yoga/pilates. Your choice!
2 days of not going over on your weakest macro (i.e. sugar, sodium). You know what I’m taking about!) On the flip side, if you’re not meeting a macro that’s important to you (i.e iron, calcium), you’re going to meet it for 2 days!
Weigh-in half as much this week. (For example, if you do it daily, then do it only 3 times this week)
You've worked hard, so take an hour to reward yourself and do something you enjoy and don't do enough. Tell us all about it!

Replies

• DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    OH MY!!! This is gonna be a tough week for me in terms of sodium, weighing and those d@#$%% PUSH UPS WITHOUT KNEES!! BUT I am gonna work hard at accomplishing all of this challenge!!!! Thanks maria!!!
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    OH MY!!! This is gonna be a tough week for me in terms of sodium, weighing and those d@#$%% PUSH UPS WITHOUT KNEES!! BUT I am gonna work hard at accomplishing all of this challenge!!!! Thanks maria!!!

You got this! Just try and do 2 without knees every day. You'll be done in 5 days.
    And I feel you about the sodium thing. Well, sugar for me. It's going to be TOUGH and it'll require a crapload of planning on my part. I have a serious problem lol.
  • arlyn70
    arlyn70 Posts: 55
    Options

you and me both, i went to a chinesse doctor, and said that i have more water to lose than fat.. i was surprise.. now that i am cutting salt i go to the bathroon more ofter.

i dont mind sugar, i cant live without it.. but salt.. ................
  • DterMined2012
    Options

you and me both, i went to a chinesse doctor, and said that i have more water to lose than fat.. i was surprise.. now that i am cutting salt i go to the bathroon more ofter.

i dont mind sugar, i cant live without it.. but salt.. ................
    believe it or not I have cut back on my sodium intake....i was drinking diet pepsi at least 4- 12oz cans per day and I have practicly cut it out all together and I still go over on my sodium daily :( and like you I cut back on the sodium and drink more water and I go to bathroom MORE too!! This weeks challenge is going to be good for me....maybe I will learn some better food choices that are lower in sodium and I can continue eating less sodium daily.
  • rachelnelson76
    rachelnelson76 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    For week 2 I was able to complete everything except I was 2 miles short on my goal. Only walked 10 vs. 12.

As far as macros: I pay attention to fat, carbs,sodium,and protein. I think the numbers MFP sets for us are a bit off since I try and have lower carbs and higher protein since I do P90X. As far as sugar goes I try to watch it but usually go over- my fruit gets me every time!

The challenge for me this week will be staying off the scale. I havne't lost any weight in 10 days and it is really starting to wear on me so I get on that d@mn scale much more than I should. I have been taking measurements and have lost inches, but it is a mind game for me.

Hope everyone has a great week :)
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    my issue will be sugar...I always go over...so I guess I'm cutting back but I'll probably still go over because of fruit!! Had oatmeal this morning instead of cereal...so that helped!!
  • livingonpurpose77
    livingonpurpose77 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    First week 2. I did fairly well. I did NOT get any walks in because I was caring for the household's plague, and then caught it on Saturday.. I am still on the mend today and hopefully I'll be 100% by days end. Everything else was golden though! I still feel like I can do better, and hopefully the flu is leaving my house, and wont make a second appearance. That's when my goals go out the window, and survival mode kicks in.

As far as macros go I usually just do Cal., Carb, fat, fiber, proteins. There really isn't no rhyme or reason why I track what I do. I usually just focus on my calorie, and fat. I notice I have a huge issue going over my fibers and proteins, but I never try working on those.
  • melindenmark
    melindenmark Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    had a bad week last week, life got in the way. Super busy this week to (even more then last week) but im going to do my best to complete this week, or as much as it as i can, suger and sodium are my killers so this will take some planning lol
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    first off last week, I like the statement someone said "life got in the way", so true. I missed the goal on almost everything but i came closer this week than last week. I like the stretching Idea. Sodium is my biggest over problem and protein is my biggest under problem. I'm gonna work on those this week. I also have a goal of posting stats everyday instead of as i do them. Good luck everyone.
  • kaleighmorgan
    Options
    I normally weigh every day, but I promised by boyfriend (and trainer) that I'm going to try weighing once every 4 weeks. It's killing me. LITERALLY. But I'm going okay so that shouldn't be too hard this week.

SUGAR! I'm a huge sugar fiend. I usually blow it by about noon. This one's going to be really tough for me!! Occasionally sodium will get me, too, but I can usually just overdo on the water and make up for it. Other than that, I just track the regulars--fat, protein, and carbs.

Last week went really well for me!! I made everything except all the jumping jacks (mostly because I forgot about them...) and I'm planning to do the same thing this week! I also plan to check-in more. Let's hope! :D

Keep it up, guys!! You're all awesome!
  • cgeiser1
    cgeiser1 Posts: 145
    Options
    I definitely dropped the ball towards the end of last week. I didn't get in all of my miles, and I didn't try a new exercise.

This is a new week though so I'm going to start it off right! The boyfriend and I are going on a run as soon as he wakes up!

I track the fat, carbs, protein, sodium, and fiber. I don't track sugar because I found it really discouraging. I would eat an apple and be over for the day. I found it made me want to eat less fruit, which I don't necessarily think was a good thing for me, so I stopped tracking it.

My weakest point would be sodium so I'll watch that carefully this week!
  • smashleymcgee
    smashleymcgee Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Last week went really well for me. I believe I ended up doing everything on the list. This week I am going to focus on sodium (I am also bad about sugar, but 9 times out of 10 that is because of the fruit that I eat, and I don't want to cut that out). I guess no soup for lunch on those 2 days :(. Also, I weigh myself once a week, so I guess I will wait until Feb. 3rd to weigh in. That should be interesting :).

I hope everyone does well this week. I am really going to enjoy the 3 - 10 minute stretch sessions and taking an hour to do something for myself :). Does jury duty count? I have that tomorrow.
  • DterMined2012
    Options
    Here's how I gotta do it:
    Walk 2.2 miles/day
    Crunches 20/day
    Push-ups 10 per day 2 without knees
    10 minute stretches before work outs
    Weigh Sunday/Wednesday/Friday
    hope to be on the sodium mark today and any day next week before Friday
    the rest won't be too difficult I don't think
  • DterMined2012
    Options
    Here are my daily Stats:
    2.5 miles/15-22 walk or run
    20/125 crunches
    10/70 push-ups (2/10 without knees!)
    1/3 days of 100% tracking
    1/4 days of drinking ALL your water
    3 sets of 10 minute stretch sessions or 30 minutes of yoga/pilates. Your choice!
    1 day under on my sodium!!!!
    Oh yeah I carried my jumping jacks into this week as well :happy:
  • cgeiser1
    cgeiser1 Posts: 145
    Options
    2/15- 22 miles of running/walking
    125/125 crunches/sit ups (any kind)
    15/ 70 push-ups (0/10 without knees!)
    0/1 day of consuming ALL your calories (no more than 10 remaining)
    0/4 days of drinking ALL your water
    1/3 sets of 10 minute stretch sessions or 30 minutes of yoga/pilates. Your choice!
    1/2 days of not going over on your weakest macro

That 2 mile run today KILLED me. It was embarrassing, I think I just need to take it slow, any runners want to give me tips on building endurance/lung capacity?

Also I cannot for the life of me even do one push up without knees, I get down but don't have the strength to push myself back up. lol I'm going to keep trying though.
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options

That 2 mile run today KILLED me. It was embarrassing, I think I just need to take it slow, any runners want to give me tips on building endurance/lung capacity?

Also I cannot for the life of me even do one push up without knees, I get down but don't have the strength to push myself back up. lol I'm going to keep trying though.

Take it SLOW. Not everyone can go faster (your lungs can only process oxygen so fast!), but everyone can longer!
    But what is going on exactly? That way maybe I have something else to say :)
  • thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    life got in the way towards the end of the week. I did not get all of my miles in but I got the rest of it in. New week tho - I will get it all in! :happy:
  • Alexagetsfit
    Alexagetsfit Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Not only did life get in the way, it threw a curve ball straight into my face....and my knee....and robbed me blind. I got the running in. Barely. But I didn't get all my crunches done or my push-ups or my day of eating exactly at my calories. Some days were way over and some way under. I am planning ahead this week and spreading things out a little more so that hopefully even if I have to miss days, I can make them up easier.

I did try a new recipe that I am absolutely in love with and will be making again this week. So, so good and very easy.

Run/walk 4.7/15- 22 miles
    0/125 crunches/sit ups (any kind)
    0/70 push-ups (0/10 without knees!)

0/30 minutes of yoga/pilates.
    0/2 days of meeting protein or under on carbs. same effect.
    -Weigh-in half as much this week. - I actually know that I can't do this as I only weigh in once a week and I have to keep doing it for another challenge.
    0/1 hour for myself - I think it is going to be a massage.
  • lilrhody
    lilrhody Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Last week was quite good for me - I accomplished almost everything (except for those regular push ups).

Since I only weigh in at my dietician/doctor's office, I can't really meet that part of this week's challege. Not sure what my problem Macro is - off to do some research!

Run/walk 4.5/15- 22 miles
    125 crunches/sit ups (any kind)
    70 push-ups (10 without knees!)
    3 days of 100% tracking
    4 days of drinking ALL your water

1/3 sets of 10 minute stretch sessions or 30 minutes of yoga/pilates. Your choice!
    2 days of not going over on your weakest macro (i.e. sugar, sodium). You know what I’m taking about!) On the flip side, if you’re not meeting a macro that’s important to you (i.e iron, calcium), you’re going to meet it for 2 days!
    Weigh-in half as much this week. (For example, if you do it daily, then do it only 3 times this week)
    You've worked hard, so take an hour to reward yourself and do something you enjoy and don't do enough. Tell us all about it!
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    So I decided this week to up my protein, because I'm always low and with all the weight training I need to increase that. I'm also going to try to decrease my sugar...I've already figured out if I eat one piece of fruit I'll go over with my regular meals...so adjusting my goal to keeping under my sugar (minus my 1 piece of fruit).

Not stepping on the scale until the end of the challenge.
    Not sure what I'll be doing to reward myself this week.

3/15- 22 miles
    0/125 crunches/sit ups (any kind)
    0/70 push-ups (0/10 without knees!)
    0/3 days of 100% tracking

20/30 minutes of yoga/pilates/stretching
    0/2 days of not going over on sugar (minus 1 piece of fruit)
    0/2 days of meeting protein