Jillian Michaels

Options
13»

Replies

• fatnomo100
    Options
    I'm doing Shred it with Weights by JM!! I highly recommend it! Week 1 and already seeing results!!
  • Dstny1957
    Dstny1957 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 day shred for 30 days without a break. I'm on day 7 of level 1 and already I've lost 1 inch from my arms, legs, bust and belly and 2 inches off my waist. I love her, but I also want to kill her! :happy:

I LOVE your before and after picture. That's priceless!
  • Dstny1957
    Dstny1957 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am interested in her DVDs I have trouble with high impact workouts due to my knees. Does she do a lot of jumping?
  • jeaninemckinney
    Options
    Oh how i love me some jillian! I have most of her dvds! Just bought the yoga meltdown and oh man lol!! Ive wanted to try some different workouts for working different muscles and that is what you get! It is hard but if youve done yoga then you probably wont think its to bad! Ive been doing the 30ds then thenyoga meltdown after when i have time! Dont question just buy all of her cds but she kicks your *kitten* then you feel so much stronger after! Good luck! I want to do the kettlebell workouts next! Its fun to switch it up!
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    for me personally i didnt like 30day shred i did the whole 30 days and didnt see results like i expected lost only 1lb and didnt really feel like id worked out that said i am more used to doing an hr jogging on a trampoline to wii fit plus so it was a huge step down cardio wise for me it wont put me off trying her other dvds as i have seen many people post about the great results they get just wouldnt try shred again

if your looking for a workout dvd i do recommend rapid results by beverely callard 20mins workout cardio and 20 mins toning and omg did i feel it lost a lot using that an dits not too expensive on amazon
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I LOVE her dvd's! I have the 30 day shred, lost 14.5 " in 30 days. Right now, I'm doing the 30 day shred-it's whipping my butt! My advice would be to yell at the tv, it helps to me through the workout. Lol
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    does anyone know hom many cals u wud burn approximate doing the 20 mins? :ohwell:

every person will be different depending on your weight and fitness level.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Does anyone like Jillian Michaels workout DVD's? I have been thinking about getting them but then I put them back. I would like everyone's opinions.
    My wife loves these workouts.
    My only beef is she won't let me watch her exercise.....:cry:
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Jillian. I have 30 DS and Yoga meltdown. I get bored doing the same DVD everyday so I like to mix it. Any suggestiond for a 3rd DVD to throw in the mix?
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I have done 30 day shred and it is a good hard workout -BUT I had to stop it on the advice of a doctor after a week or two because of the damage it did to my knees. She does not do adequate warm ups and some of the exercises are extremely hard on your knees. I researched it after the fact and found that knee injuries are pretty common with 30 Day Shred, so be forewarned.

I am grateful for this type of information, as I have a tendency to injure myself. I have back and knee problems, so I have to be careful what I try because being laid up for six weeks doesn't burn calories. I'd appreciate any one else's advice along this line.

I'm sure women in their 20ies, 30ies won't have the problems a 62 year old would have, so my case might be particular to my age group where we are paying for the excesses of our youth.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209
    Options
    love the 30d shred, loads of inch loss:smile:
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    bump
  • countrygirl812
    Options
    I love the 30DS. I just finished day 2 of level 3. I have lost 10 pounds, 2 cup sizes in my bra (think I'm the only woman excited about that, lol), and 11 inches overall. That is all since Jan 1st. It is very hard, and it's getting a bit boring for me, but I keep doing it for the results I have seen. I do combine it with a couple other dvds that I have (not JM), but I totally credit the inches lost to the 30 DS. I'm thinking about getting Yoga Meltdown and Ripped in 30 next.
  • ncw89
    ncw89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    30DS is amazing! I only got through Level 1 because christmas got in the way but I'm hoping to start over in the next couple weeks. Maybe start Feb 1st or something :) Last time I dropped about 5-7inches all over in just the first 5 or 6 days - it's like magic :D
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    BeautyAndStrength50 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You put them back>>>>>>> Are you kidding me. She is AMAZING. I started out with 30 day Shred then moved to Ripped N 30 got most of my results from this DVD. And I have all the other ones of hers except the Yoga to slow for me.. I am a Jillian Fan. I got her new one called Extreme Shed and Shred doing that now with Insanity and love it.. She is coming out with a new 90 day workout program next month February called Revolution and I cant wait to start that and be even more toned it will be bikini time then. I thank Jillian for all my success and reaching my goals. Im maintaining now and in the toning stage and believe me its HARD... ughh.. Im not giving up just workout harder..So go get the dvd's and you will now regret it. Make sure you do before and after pics.. :)

Good luck,
    Susie
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    BeautyAndStrength50 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You go at your own pace. It took me more then 30 days to get through all of it more like 45. Then I moved to Ripped N 30 .. Its hardcore and amazing.. :)
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I do enjoy the workouts- I think it is good to do some other cardio with it. I like to listen to music or put a movie on while I do it otherwise I get a little bored- good quick workout though! I also like that when you finish one you can move on to the next and mix them up.
  • cnick21
    cnick21 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have bought a ton of workout DVDs to date and by far, Jillian is the best. She will absolutely, no lie, work you pretty hard but you see results! I bought 30 day shred and highly recommend it. I have recommended this DVD to a lot of people because I truly believe its one of the best. There are definitely times during some of the workouts where you think she is a crazy woman...and she is...and you'll say "you want me to do what?! :noway: but it help me not only lose inches and helped build endurance..but her workouts have given me serious mental strength as well...I sound like an infomercial but it really is amazing!

I have also heard that her Ripped DVD is good also. This DVD comes with a pretty awesome meal plan too..I do not own it but a couple friends have it and they love it...I plan to buy it in the future :smile:
  • stevemcqueengirl
    stevemcqueengirl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian! She really pushes you. I did two rounds of 30 Day Shred and lost inches vs. pounds. Overall, my posture improved as well as my endurance which I utilize for workouts at the gym. I am about to start Level 3 from Ripped in 30 and so far I love it!!

Ripped is more intense than 30 Day Shred but it still offers the 3-2-1 Method which I really like. I just now purchased "Banish Fat/Boost Metabolism" which I will start after Rip. Other DVDs that are great is "Shred It With Weights" and "No More Trouble Zones". Enjoy!