Zaggora Hot pants - any use ?

Options
2»

Replies

• cjaszcz1
    Options
    Hi again, here with an update.
    So I wore them to bed that night (I think that was on Thurs, Jan. 12, and lost a few inches all over - sorry I do not have the specific measurments. I was only sweaty where the short were so it did not make sleeping diffucult or too hot. I did wear them to bed again last night, but I'm not sure I would do this all the time though for concern about developing an infection for the constant moisture these short cause. There was a differance in my waist measurements from last night to this morning. measurements last night were: Waist: 32.5/37. The other measurements had no change.
    I wore them to the gym on Friday for a 30 min cardio workout on the stationary bike and again today on the treadmill for 30 min. I sweated more than usual both times. My measurements this morning were: Waist - 32.5/35.5, Hips - 39(still, so it went back up over the weekend, because I want to say it was 36 Friday after my workout), and each thigh is now 22.5. I have lost 3 pounds since Thursday, but I don't want to give the shorts all the credit. Besides possible not being very good at taking my own measurements, I have been excercising more since late Nov. (just now seeing results) and I recently started a new diet plan. I really think the diet plan is working well. If anyone is interested in the new eating plan, I downloaded the book "The perfect 10 diet" by Dr. Aziz. to my Kindle. Much of what he says makes sense. I also NEVER feel hungry or deprived.
    Oh... I also should add that my skin feels much softer when I take the shorts off to change... not sure what if anything that means. Maybe the cellulite claims are true? I guess we'll see.
    FYI - I had the price wrong in the first post. They were $24.00 on Groupon, plus $4.00 shipping and another dollar or 2 for an international transaction fee that my credit card company charges. So for a total of 30 bucks, at the very least I have a nice pair of supportive and comfortable workout shorts.
  • grk_tigris
    grk_tigris Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just bought a groupon for a pair of HotPants that I will be ordering. from what I've heard on reviews about the material I am optimistic. For those questioning if the sweating more is really helping or just lost water weight. At the gym i go to all the fighters ( i go to a mixed martial arts gym) wear some sort of wetsuit type top to help with toning and weight so I'm guessing this works similarly. I'll keep you posted.
  • nspink22
    nspink22 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I just bought some of these, too. I'm hoping they work!
  • shannonymous
    Options
    I got mine two days ago (bought them through the Groupon offer as well) and I really like them so far. I wore them overnight and noticed that some jeans that were slightly tight fit much more comfortably in the morning. Obviously they're just making you lose water, but I think it's nice if you're in between sizes and need some extra help getting into the smaller size.

They're really comfortable, and even though they make you sweat you don't feel gross or itchy. I think they'd also work as a body shaper if you're wearing a longer dress — it really smooths my hips out.

If nothing else, I'd say for the quality alone they're a good pair of $30 exercise shorts.
  • love4leon
    love4leon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I bought some and used them while doing C25K program for about 3 months. My problem with them is washing them and keeping them clean. How do you keep yours clean? They say to hand wash but I ended up with mildew- I wanted to wear them every day that I worked out but the cleaning was a real issue- since you have to line dry them they weren't dry by the time I wanted to wear them again.
  • Jessika_witha_k
    Options
    One of my best friends won a pair "for a friend" and she picked me to receive them...

On January 16th I began wearing them to bootcamp (one hour of hell about 3-4 times a week) and doing normal cardio (treadmill/elliptical) and/or Zumba. I wore them every day since then to do some sort of work out. I also have been tracking my calories on MFP for 15 days... keeping it consistently under 1400 (usually under 1200) calories a day.

Ok. I've only lost 3 pounds - I also have been measuring myself and I have not lost any inches AT ALL.

I will say that they are SUPER comfy (as they do hold you in pretty well)... but so far I don't think they have helped me in my weight loss.

Taking them off is always fun! You have to literally peel them off your body because they are so sweaty... you would ASSUME this would help in loosing the water weight!? Sigh.
  • brierlyaesthetics
    Options
    Hi Lizzie, yes I have actually purchased these. I found they worked, though I am already pretty active. You can read my review here: http://www.bondibeauty.com/2011/10/hot-for-pants.html

I took the two week challenge (even though it was over, I took the challenge for my own benefit) and blogged about my experience. Let me know how you go...
  • JustTracyB
    Options
    All I can say is ewwww. I get sweaty enough down there, I don't need hot pants to make it worse. Kwim
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    They make you sweat more. Great. Drink water and you are back to where you started. Same as sitting in a sauna but at least you can stretch and relax in there.

Yeppers. Trufax.
  • sheryllamb72
    sheryllamb72 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I bought some and used them while doing C25K program for about 3 months. My problem with them is washing them and keeping them clean. How do you keep yours clean? They say to hand wash but I ended up with mildew- I wanted to wear them every day that I worked out but the cleaning was a real issue- since you have to line dry them they weren't dry by the time I wanted to wear them again.

I wash mine in the washing machine inside out, on a hand wash cycle at 30 degrees and hang them on a skirt hanger in the airing cupboard overnight, and they're dry in the morning.
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I love mine. They are really comfy and have made my skin so much smoother. Not sure they have helped with the weight loss, but I do know that I've got a smaller waist now than I have had in nearly 40 years! (24 inches - when I started my weight loss journey a couple of years ago at 310 pounds, I had a 50 inch waist).

The most beneficial thing to my way of thinking is that they provide extra padding under my workout pants - I have a bony bum these days.

Use them or not - it is really what you do when you wear them that will make the most difference.
  • llia12
    llia12 Posts: 1
    Options
    Coudl anyone tell me how long these take from ordering to arrive? I am in the UK and I'm trying to tone up before a holiday in a month, so if the take a long time to arrive it's probably not worth it for me. Thanks.
  • Racaronga
    Racaronga Posts: 32
    Options
    I bought some and let's just say they are not made for short bigger people. I am short (5 ft 2) and a size 20 (UK) and I had to get the XL to fit my waist/bum and the legs went way down past my knees.

They were horribly uncomfortable and I couldn't move properly. Needless to say total waste of money.

They may work if you are tall......
  • BarbaraAnn1965
    Options
    These pants really work. i am 65 years old.... taught dance and exercise for over 50 years and nothing has helped losing inches as these pants have. I went to a gym for 8 months and never saw a pound or inch loss. Got my Flares and in two weeks I lost two inches off my thighs. I know it sounds unbelievable but it's so true. I have gone from a size 12 to a size 10... eating the same..... and have kept it off for two months. If you don't believe me... that's okay..... but you are missing out on a great weight loss product. I can't say enough about this product!!! Take the two week challenge and see what happens. Measure yourself before and two weeks later.... I guarantee you will see a difference. 1,000,000 pairs sold!!!
  • BruffStuff
    BruffStuff Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Got some, wear them when I work out, really comfy and they make my skin soft, they make you sweat - a lot! Don't think they are what make you lose weight, or even from a certain area, had mine for about a year now, dubious, but they are comfy to work out in and suck you in too which is nice!! I think all you lose is water weight though...
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    i am feeling hot..
  • translationmx
    translationmx Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for my Zaggora purchase to arrive. These pants did intrigue me the first time I read about them, but I never thought about actually getting them at the time. Fast forward a year, I've been wearing neoprene knee pads because I do workouts that have kneeling moves and I workout on ceramic tile floor. After a couple of weeks I looked myself in the mirror in a dress and I couldn't believe how good my knees looked. I've lost about four pounds, but my knees and that ugly bunch of fat I have in the inside of my knees are looking way better. So much so that people have noticed. Like other people have mentioned, my skin in that area is also looking better. Needless to say, now I really want to see if those results can be replicated in my other giggly bits!