Your body's FAVORITE weight?

Options
I discovered over this journey a year and counting that my body tends to revert back to the same weight in the past 6 months. My goal is 124lbs and I'm 5' 3" but my body constantly LOVES to stay at 133 lbs no matter what. Low carbing/juice cleanse/clean eating/crazy insane burns. I do get satisfaction from losing inches and smaller clothes sizes along with knowing I'm lowering my body fat %.

What is your body's favorite body weight (please include height)? Do you plan to do something extraordinary to break it if it's not at your goal?

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0. When I'm not tracking calories or working out regularly, my body loves 137 lbs. It takes a lot to get above that. When I am working out and losing, my body loves 132. I've gotten down to 129 with a LOT of hard work. I'm at 133 right now which is always easy, but getting below 132 takes forever! :P
  • Sadore
    Sadore Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4". Before I had my daughter and turned 30, my body loved 120. Now it loves 130 and 120 is my goal! I've been working hard for 3 months, using MFP for a month and the scale won't budge. I'm losing inches, but I'm starting to think it just won't happen!
  • weezykid
    Options
    im 5ft 4 and without any effort my body likes to sit around 131, when i make an effort it likes to be around 126, currently in the process of breaking that and go under but im quite happy at 126
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0 tall 120 right now. I've been trying to get myself to 118 for about 5 weeks now and i'll get to 119 and then go back to 120 -121. I believe it's because when I get real close to 118 i'll have a victory snack or something with a soft tortilla shell and i'm not supposed to do that all all. I believe I do things to prevent myself from getting there; so it's time to buckle down and keep things exactly the way I planned. Drink distilled water, absolutely no bread, potatoes, processed, white noodles, no treats that have no value, and give it all the i have in the gym. I am gonna get to 118. :angry: that is not an angry look; just a serious, get down to business one.:laugh:
  • grace8488
    Options
    I am 5 '11" and have lost 40 pounds and have been stuck at 183 for a while. That's when I joined mfp. About ten years ago, I was in the army. When I left basic training, I was at 183. I was muscular but still chunky. I think its fair to say that 183 is my body's favorite wieght. I am shooting for 160. That will put me back in a six. I am a 12 now.
  • bdowling88
    bdowling88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1-5'2 and my body likes to stay at 123. I would like to be 115 or less. I was always about 105-110 before kids.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    We all know it's possible . . . is it our mind or our choices when we get down a little that we revert back to the good ole favorite weight?
  • hedwighigh
    Options
    I'm 5'10.5 and my body loves 162 right now. I'll get to 160 then the next day I'm 162 again.
    Right now I'm 161 but I'm not getting my hopes up that it won't randomly go back to 162 again tomorrow.
    I think it somehow helped that I didn't eat dinner because I had such a big and late lunch.
    I won't be as annoyed once I finally get in the 150's again.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Thinner
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3, I'd love to stay between 118-119 pounds but my body seems to love being at 120-121 pounds..
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my body likes 175. When I started mfp last March, I was at 229. I'm at 175 mow, but my scale broke about 2 weeks ago so I'm not sure exactly where I am. I am currently at the weight I was in high school. I would like to get into the "healthy" range --at least 165. I started in a size 18w and now 14's are loose and I can wear 12's with lycra in them--I usually wore 14-16 in high school!! I look & feel good AND my doctor is amazed!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • hsmithway
    hsmithway Posts: 191
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my body loves 152. I weighed 152 before boot camp, and 152 after boot camp. Gained some weight after knee surgery, but got back down to 152. Got pregnant, got back down to 152 after my son was born. Another knee surgery and Fibromyalgia, and my weight is way up. But my goal weight is still 152. I feel good at 152, and as long as I'm fit at that weight, I'm not that worried about going lower.
  • melsy21
    melsy21 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    K I wonder if this is bad...

but I've looked at pics of me and I look good a 165 and I'm only 5'2".... and whenever I lose, I get down to that weight and then I hit some kind of a plateau
  • geecee77
    geecee77 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 4 and my body likes being between 147 and 150lb. Over the years I have got to like it there too! So that is my goal on MFP!
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    78 kg at 1.8 m.
  • Nikkiray32
    Options
    149 pounds if my body's favorite wieght.
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my body LOVES the weight I am at right now.....it fluctuates between 136 and 138. I would love to be 132-133....I'm working so hard for those numbers!!!!!
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    my body likes being in the danger zone and im constantly telling it 'no im not going to weigh 250 .. i hate fighting myself
  • snowbab
    snowbab Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"8 and I can't seem to budge from 134 :/ I've got down to 132 a few times but it always goes back to 134. Grr. I'm trying to eat more now and see if it makes a difference.
  • SuddenlyPickles
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my body loves anywhere from 123 to 126... I've been maintaining this weight since October, but I'm OK with that. 120 was just a vanity number -- as long as I'm strong and healthy, I'm not too concerned with the digits!