Tortilla Pizza

Options
dakitten2
dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
This was a recipe my nutrionist gave me since I was telling her about pizza being my biggest craving.

3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup minced red onion
1/4 cup minced green bell pepper
1/4 cup minced sweet red pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons dried basil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
4 flour tortillas (7 inches)

Directions

1. In a bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients; mix well.
2. Place tortillas on greased baking sheets; spread with cheese mixture.
3. Bake at 400 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
4. Cut into wedges.

Nutritional Analysis:

One serving (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise, reduced-fat mozzarella and fat-free tortillas) 146 calories, 8 g fat (0 saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 424 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 meat.

Replies

• XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! I will try that! X
  • mizjohnston
    mizjohnston Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. i will have to give it a try. :smile:
  • strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I love tortilla pizzas! I made some with just spaghetti/tomato sauce as the base and then added cheese, mushrooms, and shredded chicken on top.
  • mrsdauer
    mrsdauer Posts: 102
    Options
    have you made these??? are they as good as they sound??? yummm....i could eat pizza everyday...(as i once did in my "bigger body" life).... i think these are gonna be for supper! thanks for sharing..
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    sounds delicious, I will have to make this, thanks
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Is the mayonnaise taste very prominent? I don't like mayo but I'm thinking of giving this a try.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting... I'm going to go buy the ingredients today. Pizza is my favorite food and my cravings for it have settled a bit, but I think about it all the time - lol!
  • dakitten2
    Options
    Yes they are very good and the mayo helps with the cheese mixture consistency but the taste is not that prominent. If you like Miracle Whip, you could use that instead. Also, using the spaghetti sauce is a another optioin I have seen in other recipes, but I have not tried yet.
  • dakitten2
    Options
    I have a whole book of recipes from my nutritionist if anyone is interested in seeing any other recipes I try to post recipes from my old food blog every day for my MFP friends (well for anyone actually) who are always looking for new recipes to try.
  • mrsdauer
    mrsdauer Posts: 102
    Options
    i woul love to see/have more recipes...seems like im always looking for healthy, low cal, low fat..or something in that order while im on-line, but so many recipes have ingredients that are either very expensive, ive never heard of, or i cant find in the store...

so, yes, please post, or send me some..i would greatly appreciate it!

:)
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I make these a lot their amazing!
  • dakitten2
    Options
    If you read my profile you will find the recipes I have posted so far on the forum and can look them up by name. Most came from my old food blog. Some are new ones from my dietician. I try to add a few every week.