Anyone doing Atkins diet?

Options
I am considering this diet plan because carbs are not my friend. I have dramatically reduced my carbs for now. Anyone else doing this? Tips? My concern is being able to continue long term. I have ordered the book to read up on the plan.

Replies

• katy898
    katy898 Posts: 12
    Options
    Good for you going on the Atkins diet. I have been low-carb for a couple years now. I am not completely on the Atkins diet but I try to eat as little carbs as possible. It helps not to buy any carbs. If you have to eat something with carbs try fruit or artificially or unsweetened yogurt. Avoid pasta, bread, ice cream, energy bars,and any other sweet things like the plauge. I found that its ok to eat a little more carbs after a hard work out. I have lost weight and kept it off by going low carb. Its easier to eat less when I don't have a carbs around. Good luck!
  • JG1807
    JG1807 Posts: 40
    Options
    Now that I'm really old and grumpy I refuse to spend my money on anything diet related in terms of books and clubs other than of course the food that I chose to put in my mouth.

In my opinion, people who make money off the back of fat folks are just mindless parasites. If you already know that carbs aren't your friend then ya smart enough to know that the book will suggest a diet that is free of carbs.

You really can do this for free ya know. Look at all the wonderful help and support that is available here and all for free.

Good luck with whatever you chose though. I'm certainly in no position to judge - just my opinion.

J x
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    Carbs = Energy. Without them your body literally begins to eat your muscles (ie protein, the second source of energy your burn). It's a quick weight loss fad and not terribly healthy for the long run.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I'm not on Atkins or low-carb but I think avoiding bread and pasta is a good move for general calorie counting. So many calories for so little food.
  • MonkeyLover1993XxX
    Options
    its kinda not free because you have to pay the internet bill and electric bill and if you go over internet on your phone then your phone bill so technicly its not free it just dosent have extra added cost like the book would
    Now that I'm really old and grumpy I refuse to spend my money on anything diet related in terms of books and clubs other than of course the food that I chose to put in my mouth.

In my opinion, people who make money off the back of fat folks are just mindless parasites. If you already know that carbs aren't your friend then ya smart enough to know that the book will suggest a diet that is free of carbs.

You really can do this for free ya know. Look at all the wonderful help and support that is available here and all for free.

Good luck with whatever you chose though. I'm certainly in no position to judge - just my opinion.

J x