my foot sometimes gets numb on the elliptical

Options
Does this happen to anyone else? It only happens on the elliptical, no other machine and not when jogging. Weird.

165415.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Replies

• seiswirth
    seiswirth Posts: 1
    Options
    Mine too. I did some web research and found that it fairly common.
  • glendaz
    glendaz Posts: 55
    Options
    I think it happens due to how your feet are on the "pedals" or whatever they are called. Try putting your feet in a different area...sometimes I even put my heel on the very back part, it raises my heels slightly. Also, it could be due to the amount of time you are on the machine.
    Hope this helps!:smile:
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    it happens to me too....i dont know why..
  • futurediva37
    Options
    Mine does too... but just my left one LOL. My trainer sais it might be that I'm not stretching it out enough but no matter how much stretching I do, it still happens. I think it's just common.
  • nurseannie
    nurseannie Posts: 21
    Options
    Maybe the motion of the machines are entraping a smaller nerve near the tarsal bones? Google Peroneal Nerve?
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    It's because your toes aren't moving while you use the elliptical, they stay pretty flat on the pedals. Or, your shoes are too tight... but probably the first one. Moving your feet to different positions will help, or wiggling your toes if you can manage it.
  • angiemedina1
    Options
    mine does also, I thought it was just me so I never put any mind to it! What do you do for that?
  • mskellyw
    mskellyw Posts: 111
    Options
    Mine only fall asleep on Precor machines and it drives me absolutely crazy. They're fine on Life Fitness ellipticals. I think it must have something to do with the placement of the pedals.

I just started going to the rec center at my school and they only have Precor ellipticals. They do have a couple of older ones that look like they're more similar to older Life Fitness models so I'm thinking of trying one of those. If it doesn't work I'll stick to swimming and the treadmill.

Is anyone else whose feet are falling asleep using Precor machines? Or are they doing it it on other models too?
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    My feet also get tingly after about 50 minutes. I guess its normal does not happen at any other time than on the eliptical.
  • jamie5701
    jamie5701 Posts: 1
    Options
    As was suggested earlier on, get the toes-a-scrunching on the upward phase of each step / rotation (whilst your weight is on the other foot). These machines tend to force your legs slightly further apart than you'd have them when walking or jogging which affects the way your feet sit in your shoes.