looking for a really lite beer

Options
ok i know we are all trying to be good..but once in a while my hubbie and i would like to have a beer...what is the best one to get without all those calories???

Replies

• msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    The girlfriend says mgd64 isn't bad. If you're going to be drinking "real" beer, then you can't go wrong with guinness - 210 calories but gosh if they aren't worth it I don't know what is :drinker:
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I love rolling rock (I think it tastes like Heinekin) It has 123 cals.
    BUT rolling rock light has 80:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: WOOOOOT!
  • megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    MGD 64 sucks! It only has like 2.5 percent alcohol, that's how it has so few calories. So you'd have to drink 2 to get the same effect as 1 regular (even lite) beer. I'm not a big fan of Michelob Ultra either...doen't really like the taste. I tried Budweiser Select (100 cal) and it's pretty good. Miller Chill isn't too bad, tastes good on a hot summer day by the pool. My favorite beers aren't lite at all though, most around 150 calories each. Alaskan Summer Ale is a really yummy one. Mmmmmmm.
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Corona light(99 calories) with a lime!:drinker:
  • kiksuyapi
    kiksuyapi Posts: 7
    Options
    Bud Select is pretty awesome. :wink: I'm trying my best to only drink on the weekends and keep it light. It's hard though! I've just never been the same since college lol :drinker:
  • lynnie25
    lynnie25 Posts: 93
    Options
    thank you all..i got alot to try out...lol
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    Becks light is pretty good to, and it only has like 64 calories:drinker:
  • isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Stella Artois Legere is pretty good, if you enjoy Stella. :drinker:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    If you're only doing a couple every once in a while, don't worry about which one has less calories, prepare for it, find a beer you like, get the information, and work it into your schedule. I prefer Sam Adams light, cuz it still tastes good, it's high in calories for a light (125 cals for a 12 oz, or about 158 for a 16 oz bottle and about 10 g of carbs. But I work it into my plan. If I have 4 one night. I'll work out for about 45 minutes that day, gain about 500 extra calories, and then the next day I'll do another 1/2 hour workout, and not only are those calories made up for, I worked off extra.

Remember, not EVERY day has to be a deficit, some can be at maintenance or even slightly above, that won't make you ruin your routine, infact, it may energize you and let you keep going stronger then ever. Plus it gives your body a break from the constant labor of working without enough calories. As long as it's done infrequently (every couple of weeks) and to moderation. Nothing good will come if you drink 10 beers in one day (famous last words).
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Here is a decent list.

http://www.shapefit.com/beer.html
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    alcohol is from the devil's workshop

avoid it
  • newmex
    newmex Posts: 15
    Options
    I really like what SHBoss has to say about that, I like michelob utlta it comes in lime flavor also about 95 cals I believe. I may have to revert, and implement the Boss's suggestions. thanks man.

-Chris
  • newmex
    newmex Posts: 15
    Options
    Great point Dave198....?

-Chris
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

avoid it

Oh come on now. You know it's not alcohol that's bad, it's that we drink TOO MUCH alcohol that's the bad part. Heck, I have my little mini-binges once every 6 weeks or so (maybe6 beers), but if you keep it to an infrequent minimum, alcohol's fine. It's when you drink 2 or 3 beers 3 to 4 times a week that you're going to start to find yourself in serious trouble, especially for us folks over 30 where the metabolism just isn't what it was when we were 22.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

avoid it

Oh come on now. You know it's not alcohol that's bad, it's that we drink TOO MUCH alcohol that's the bad part. Heck, I have my little mini-binges once every 6 weeks or so (maybe6 beers), but if you keep it to an infrequent minimum, alcohol's fine. It's when you drink 2 or 3 beers 3 to 4 times a week that you're going to start to find yourself in serious trouble, especially for us folks over 30 where the metabolism just isn't what it was when we were 22.

sarcasm is lost on the internet
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

avoid it

sarcasm is lost on the internet

see cuz you forgot the little tounge smiley guy.:tongue:

Don't worry my padawan, you will learn! :tongue:
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options

avoid it

...yeah, you should only have it if you're going to top it off with a nice dollop of Cool Whip!!!

:tongue:

(yep, that's sarcasm from me!)
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Deleting my post....it sounded dirty once I re-read it.....:laugh:
  • Fausttt
    Fausttt Posts: 101
    Options
    Deleting my post....it sounded dirty once I re-read it.....:laugh:

you realize doing that just makes people want to read it more. .
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    :Hefeweizen with a lemon makes the day brighter, and has about 150 calories in 12 ounces--well worth the calories, and after a couple of "Hef's" you can ignore the devil, and if he gives you any trouble, slather him with "cool whip." :laugh: :laugh:

And by the way, someone said they didn't like Michelob Ultra--I agree on the regular flavor, but they have a lime version that is quite pleasant, and not too overpowering like the Bud Lime can be.