Wine??

Options
This seems to be my biggest downfall-I try so hard through the day then night time comes I have a glass then I drink the bottle. But I only do this twice a week, but it adds my calories, BIG, BAD news. What happens now,I feel pretty rubbish. :sad:

Replies

• landry1
    landry1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have one glass of red wine every night. I save it to the end of the day and make sure I save calories for it.
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Yep, I hear ya!!! I do the same thing!! Love my Lambrusco, Moscoto, Concord, and Niagras!!!!! I usually have a glass every night but when the weekend comes I can do some damage when I am at home!!!! :drinker:
  • Jackdog89
    Jackdog89 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    This is my biggest weakness. I cut it out during the week, but on the weekends when I have more free time it's hard to avoid. Today is my day off from working out so I'm currently "destroying" my diet today.

I say "F" it! You have to live once in awhile or else what's the point in living. ;)

The irony, is that I switched from beer to wine because I didn't like the taste of it. Now, I can't get enough of it.

Pinot is my fav!
  • kammy92
    Options
    This is my biggest weakness. I cut it out during the week, but on the weekends when I have more free time it's hard to avoid. Today is my day off from working out so I'm currently "destroying" my diet today.

I say "F" it! You have to live once in awhile or else what's the point in living. ;)

The irony, is that I switched from beer to wine because I didn't like the taste of it. Now, I can't get enough of it.

Pinot is my fav!

:bigsmile:
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    On nights I think I might have a drink or two, I try to save some etxra calories so I do not go over by too much.
  • kammy92
    Options

Pinot is my fav!

Amen!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • artcaro1972
    Options
    Me too.

The problem I have right now is if I drink a half bottle of wine and stay at my 1290 calorie goal, I am way low on useful calories. I feel like crap the next day not because of the wine but from lack of nutrition!

Sometimes it's just worth it though.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    This seems to be my biggest downfall-I try so hard through the day then night time comes I have a glass then I drink the bottle. But I only do this twice a week, but it adds my calories, BIG, BAD news. What happens now,I feel pretty rubbish. :sad:

Well friend, I know you are going to be upset with me about this but I have some bad news, this is a trait of alcoholism. People that can stop after one or 2 glasses of wine are what we call "normal" drinkers, but if you can not stop, then that is a problem.

I help alcoholics and addicts recover from addiction. If you decide this is something you would like help with, please feel free to message me and I would be happy to help you out.(not paid, so no worries, I am not trying to pimp money from anyone) If not, no problem, I will stay out of this thread and let everyone talk about how much they love drinking. :)
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I love me some wine...I've tried to be a lot better about only having a couple glasses a week though as kind of a treat rather than the almost every day I was before.

I'm a white wine girl :)
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I take my three dogs for a long walk so I can have some Red Wine :drinker:
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    1 glass of white wine isn't a bad thing. A bottle might be a problem.

How badly do you want to lick this issue? Badly enough, and you will get help.
  • aridein
    Options
    The good news is that if you exercise more you can eat/drink whatever you want. Just pay for it in the gym.
  • stephaniep12345mfp
    stephaniep12345mfp Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I usually have a glass or two of wine at the end of every day. I try to budget my calories to allow for it, but on the weekends especially I want to be able to enjoy my life. I know I want to lose 10 pounds, but I have to balance that against the fact that I'm both a cancer survivor and a divorce survivor...and I don't want to waste the extra chances I've been given to LIVE. I love wine, and I'm not going to completely deny myself the enjoyment of it. That doesn't make me an alcoholic. It makes me someone who can make choices about counting calories versus making good lifestyle changes.
  • stealthycat
    Options
    I, too can put back the wine. I have seriously cracked down on myself though. 1. I quit buying boxes of Old Vine Zinfandel. 2. I am trying to have it as a treat a couple of times per week instead of a nightly wind down. I sleep a lot better at night and feel better in general, so it's worth it, but it's oh so hard because I love it.
  • stealthycat
    Options
    I usually have a glass or two of wine at the end of every day. I try to budget my calories to allow for it, but on the weekends especially I want to be able to enjoy my life. I know I want to lose 10 pounds, but I have to balance that against the fact that I'm both a cancer survivor and a divorce survivor...and I don't want to waste the extra chances I've been given to LIVE. I love wine, and I'm not going to completely deny myself the enjoyment of it. That doesn't make me an alcoholic. It makes me someone who can make choices about counting calories versus making good lifestyle changes.

I love the perspective of your post.:heart::drinker:
  • denise_earheart
    Options
    meee toooo. I need to cut back to one night a week maybe two and switch from wine and beer to vodka with soda water and lime ....
  • denise_earheart
    Options
    Me too.

The problem I have right now is if I drink a half bottle of wine and stay at my 1290 calorie goal, I am way low on useful calories. I feel like crap the next day not because of the wine but from lack of nutrition!

Sometimes it's just worth it though.

me to. once I start I cant always stop myself ....
  • creeperlegume
    creeperlegume Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Mmmm...about to have a glass with dinner. ; ) Refuse to get rid of it, so I just have to make sure I have room for those calories if I know I'm going to indulge.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    It would be like me buying a family size bag of chips. I can't do it as I'd eat them in one night. Heck, they might be gone by the time I got home from the store. But I probably have 50-60 bottles of wine in my house right now.

Buy single serving size bottles. I can buy them by the bottle or in four packs. Buy enough for one a night or less. When they're gone. They're gone. Don't buy more until your next trip to the store.

It really is easier if you don't have what you crave in your house.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Regarding someone as an alcoholic because they say that they "cannot stop" is a bit of a sweeping statement, when in the context of a calorie restricted diet.

People say the same about having opened a bag of chips. "I opened a bag and could not stop eating them"

Personally, if I think to myself that I'll only have a couple of glasses of wine, simply because it has too many calories in for the exercise I've done that day, the wine itself does diminish my sense of self control and willpower to diet. After a couple of glasses of wine there are times when I sometimes say "Sod it, I'm having those pecans" and "Sod it I'm finishing the bottle" - it doesn't make me an alcoholic, or a pecanoholic!

Yes it might be a symptom of alcoholism, but it might also be a symptom of really loving a particular bottle of wine and thinking "screw the diet for tonight" :bigsmile: