Finally lost 100lbs!

Options

Replies

• Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    WTG! Thanks for posting, you are an inspiration and remind me I will get there too!!! :flowerforyou:

Sláinte
  • Jaffacake05
    Options
    That is an amazing achievement!!! I've only been on this site for roughly two weeks but am finding stories like yours inspirational to say the least and they really spur me on. Congrats to you again :)
  • alphega
    alphega Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I need to lose around 100lbs. Any tips?

Whole natural almonds helped me a ton. They are filling, protein rich, low carb, and easy to take with you. As for a tip on using this website, I would really recommend recording all your calories every day, even if you have a "cheat day" or go way over your calories for whatever reason. Record all caloric intake, regardless of if you are proud or ashamed of it. And don't weigh yourself daily, it's extremely frustrating.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!
  • OrangeCamera
    Options
    I want to chime in with all the others who are offering congratulations! What a fantastic achievement. I'm just getting started, and you are indeed an inspiration! Thank you for sharing :)
  • txwomyn
    txwomyn Posts: 36
    Options
    why to go. 100 pound in 7.5 month that is amassing...
    thanks for the motivation
  • nanasudo
    nanasudo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you. Congrats:explode:
  • NewCyn
    NewCyn Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Great Job and Thank you so much for sharing your story. You have inspired me and Im sure many others.
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Wow! 18 inches off your waist? i have actual dreams about that aha. 101 lbs is amazing and in an insanely short time.. how did you ever lose it that fast?!
  • clairegreen1974
    clairegreen1974 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Oh wow!! well done! im on my own journey to do the same!
  • ItsJenn32
    Options
    WTG!! that is amazing!!
  • PurplePookie
    PurplePookie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I think it's amazing that it took you less than a year to lose that much weight! I have about that to lose and I keep thinking years not months. You have given me hope that by this time next year I too could have reached or almost reached my goal.
  • fishes135
    Options
    WOW that is amazing , well done for getting so far and in such a short space of time :)
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, I am so happy for you :flowerforyou:
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What an amazing accomplishment-keep it up!
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Thats is outstanding I know the dedication it takes you will find your weight loss level as time goes on and continue to lose what you need to once again congrats
  • trishaacm
    trishaacm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    WOW!! That is amazing! Good for you! I'm just starting out and I want to lose 90lbs so it's great to see people like you showing it can be done. What were some of the things you liked best or found most helpful? I saw what you said about recording calories even when you don't want to, I kind of did the same thing when I was starting, took me a few days before I got close to my calorie range but it sure was an eye opener.
  • hanahlai
    hanahlai Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! What an accomplishment that must feel to have something like that! Way to go! Good luck on the rest of your journey!
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Truely an inspiration!! Congrats:flowerforyou:
  • pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am a 58 year old woman in New Zealand and found it quite a chore to walk just one kilometre a few months ago.

Over the past 3 months I have been building up my walking time and at the weekend walked 5km on Saturday (for the first time!) and another 2km yesterday - the total for January is currently at 15km.

I also bought a cheap treadmill to walk at home when the weather is poor and use it when I watch TV - better than sitting.

My favourite toy is a Heart Rate Monitor watch which shows me what my heart is doing while I am exercising - it is a Suunto M4 and has a built in fitness program so I don't even need to work one out for myself - it builds my fitness to the next (minor) goal and then lets me know when I have achieved it.

I follow the MFP recommendations for calorie intake and I feel great as a result of the exercise. My starting weight was 270 lbx and due to that my back also plays up - I fund the walking actually helped my back and also helps me to get better sleep
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!