DIET yay or nay poll

Options
13»

Replies

• JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I lost weight on both those plans, but unfortunately, I gained it all back and then some. When I started MFP a little over a year ago, I started losing about 1-2 lbs a week. It was slow, but consistent. Several of my friends wanted to lose weight at the same time as me, but they wanted something that worked faster. They all tried various programs from Ali pills, to low-carb to cabbage soup, etc... Turns out they all worked, but I'm the only one who kept the weight off. They gained their weight back, just like I did on those plans, but the calorie counting is something I could maintain.

It's boring, and slow, but hey, I'm down over 100 pounds and at my goal weight. My friends had much less to lose, but they are now heavier than I am. So, if you wanna keep it off... I recommend counting calories and finding foods / recipes that you like that are low in calories.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I lost weight on both those plans, but unfortunately, I gained it all back and then some. When I started MFP a little over a year ago, I started losing about 1-2 lbs a week. It was slow, but consistent. Several of my friends wanted to lose weight at the same time as

I decided to change my lifestyle about 10 months ago: healthy eating, regular exercise because I got sick and tired of being sick and tired ... and my health problems were getting worse rather than better. I've lost about 41 pounds, which averages out to about 1 pound per week (about the same as you). Because it's not a diet and I'm enjoying what I'm eating as well as my exercise program, I'm hopeful I'll stick with it. As others have said, it's a lifestyle change. I've come to believe diets are psychological poison ... they set you up for defeat.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    The only diet I use is the Move Your @ss & Quit Eating Crap diet. Works for me.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I eat food and lose weight. Works for me, no diet here, just sensible portions of real food.
    Plus exercise
  • 170to117
    Options
    Woo, I'm on that train!
  • Stinkybug
    Stinkybug Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The ONLY weight loss plan that has ever worked for me is........Eating healthy foods in healthy amounts and plenty of exercise
  • cchardt
    cchardt Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I heard of this awesome new diet!! I heard everyone was doing it :D

I think its called the "eat right and exercise diet" I'm jumping on the bandwagon!

I love it!!! So true!!